Hello there,

as im level 60 for some time now i consider myself experienced with the game and interface. Now i played some time after the Big Patch and it seems, that all Tasks in the Tasks section are undone. Which is fine, cause they are new and its a nice way to check if your missing some of the new stuff, recipe wise.

But whatever i do, no task is advancing in any way. i startet right with the first task, klicked at the botton on "start task" or whatever its named (not at home atm) and on the main window left, just below the center the task is shown. but whatever i do, nothing changes. I tryed different tasks from other sections which dont advance as well. and they are simple ones, like, craft a light, harvest a few berries or harvest other stuff you dont even need a tool for.

am i doing something wrong? are the tasks not active yet? i need those to gain access to the new recipes added, as you need to get some exp to unlock them.

maybe its because im level 60 allready and dont get additional exp?

Anyone who can enlighten me?

• Like 1

My guess is they only work with the new Shard of Faith Gaia code not the Archos server reblend we all know. So the server/client needs the code of the new Shard of Faith maps to detect completions of tasks. On Archos or the Sacred Path the detection doesn't work so the completion doesn't either. Not sure why, someone else may know more

Edited by Gown

Ok tested this on Singleplayer and Tasks do not update. Went thru the process of setting up a personal Dedicated server..... Tasks do not update. Did Official servers, tasks updated.

Do you Devs really test this stuff at all beyond the scope of you official servers? The old system partially updated some tasks previously atleast. Not all but atleast some tasks were working. I hope you will look into and fix this issue. I abhor the lack of civility or freedom within official servers so I chose not to play there. But when you hype up new changes and updated to things and then have it ONLY work within official servers.

well, it seems the quests do NOT update on archos (official server) but they do update on gaia (official server). created a new toon there. i will test if this affects new players on archos as well... after maintenance.

Edited by Yovanna
  • Thanks 1

After a 454 mb patch tasks are working in singleplayer now in the new area. Will test and edit here for regular Archo's after exploring for a bit in the new land.

So single/dedicated Archos still no update on tasks. But DLC is working fine and having fun now without the struggle of finding building space or resource spawns to proceed as leisure.

Edited by Calabeth

The tasks are still broken in Official Vanilla servers. If you start a new character it works, if you don't start a new character you are stuck with a task on your screen until they fix it. Also the people that start a new character can get DLC items (not all) in vanilla. The ax and pickax from the DLC are one of the first things you can get. Kinda unfair in a way and I have screenshots to prove all of this because I have taken these items from new people but I cannot unlock them myself. 

20181025021729_1.jpg