Yovanna

Please get rid of old structures we cant demolish ourselves

hello there,

im playing PvE and dont like PvP, so i dont know how its on PvP... but on the official server i play there are several places near towns where you cant build anything cause there are enemy structures nearby. but you cant see them. my guess is, that there are foundations below the ground which cannot be targeted and therefore not demolished. Since you cant damage them on PvE with anything and wild creatures dont target them as well (and they have like 400-800k hp) it would be waste of time even IF you could damage them.

And then there are PIPES. PIPES everywhere cause people didnt build near water, no they build where they like and then notice, dam i need water so they build a pipe to the next water source. And on my server (and i guess on others as well) those are ridiculous distances. On top of it, you cant even demolish them without going nuts cause they are so high you need to fly up there, dismount your bird, hope you dont fall to your death and then target the pipe and demolish it. and then again for the next one. i tryed, takes about a minute for each pipe. i would need HOURS to demolish some of the pipes nearby. they are just plain UGLY and large

so, here is my suggestion:

on Server reboot when the server loads all the objects from the save file, just skip those objects who are more than 100 days demolishable. if someone doesnt come back after 100 days he probably never will. and his base is demolished and looted anyways. so please, remove the items we cannot remove. PLEASE :)

Edited by Yovanna
  • Like 1

If you think there are player-made structures in the map, report the server and coordinates to the support team. We had some of these on US-Knight-1. As it's. PvP server I could actually damage them through the ground with the wings. I still reported the coordinates and the GMs removed the structures within 2 days.

Contact the player support team.

10 hours ago, Yovanna said:

so, here is my suggestion:

on Server reboot when the server loads all the objects from the save file, just skip those objects who are more than 100 days demolishable. if someone doesnt come back after 100 days he probably never will. and his base is demolished and looted anyways. so please, remove the items we cannot remove. PLEASE :)

This is a major problem on all the servers.  On PvP servers, structures would eventually disappear, but since they added demolish timers were added, the decay timers are gone.  Can't we have both?  If there isn't such a thing, you're going to be inundated with requests to demolish structures.

On 9/8/2018 at 2:41 PM, Sulevia said:

This is a major problem on all the servers.  On PvP servers, structures would eventually disappear, but since they added demolish timers were added, the decay timers are gone.  Can't we have both?  If there isn't such a thing, you're going to be inundated with requests to demolish structures.

Agreed, my steam screenshot library is full of images with map coordinates for abandoned crap. The devs try and some of it is cleared, but Jimmeny Christmas there are a crap ton still left. I literally have 6 regular people that play over a week on our official server and every newbie that shows up has to leave a mark on our landscape that has to be cleaned up. 

I love the 100 day demo timer idea. If no one has found and removed a "Demolishable" structure, have the server auto remove it.

interesting, logged in this morning and this appears to have been done, though some of the structures had not been decayed for 100 days yet.

All of the demolishables are gone! even with the hurricane timers. Would have liked to know this was going to happen. And the decay timers are still in the ridiculous range. Weird.

Edited by mikhala99