Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

Dark and Light 8/3 Update - Patch Notes

Greetings Adventurers,

We have another Dark and Light patch coming at the start of this coming week. This patch is focused on giving more options for people running servers, as well as creating user made maps. You can check out all of the changes in the full patch notes below.

Adjustments

• Expose item stack size and item weight multiplier in .ini setting files. 
  • StackSizeMultiplier=2.0 (used to adjust item stack size)
  • ItemWeightScale=0.5 (used to adjust item weight)
  • StackWeightMultiplier=2.0 (adjusts Character weight)

The failsafe way to adjust these multipliers is go to the game directory, and add StackSizeMultiplier, and ItemWeightScale under [ServerSettings] in \Game\Config\DefaultGameUserSettings.ini. Please ignore the in-game slider in HOST/LOCAL screen.

• Sync dev kit changes and fixes to game to make sure that the changes to the dev kit reflects that in the game so client crashes caused by any of those dev kit changes should be solved now.

Instructions to Cook Map Extension in Dev Kit

• Use File Explorer to Create a folder called TheIslandSubMaps under DarkAndLightEditor\Game\Content\Maps; 
  • Copy and paste the umap for your map ext to this folder; 
  • Hit Cook Island Extension; 
  • Wait for the cooking process to complete. 
  • Once this is done, your map ext should appear in DarkAndLightEditor\ModTools\Output\(your mod)\WindowsNoEditor; 
  • Remove the .umap in TheIslandSubMap.
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RainGnyu said:

I don't understand this stuff..........Is it something I have to do?

This is all Dev kit game modding stuff.

21 hours ago, Erebus said:

Greetings Adventurers,

Hi, noticed that the game event logs aren't working. I've died, a horse has died, I'm sure my "dropped items have been damaged" since I couldn't find my body or even the body location beacon but wonder that since I was killed by a flying dark wraith if they just loot all your stuff and you just never get it back unless you have some strategy to kill one.

So these things aren't showing up in the house news logs. Should have at least mentioned my death and my horse's death and what killed us. Doesn't show anything. Unsure if it's the official server I play on, if it's my client being weird, or something else.

I have noticed that house events don't show up in the log until after you've reloaded the game.  One of us may die, and the player who died won't see the event.  However, another house member who logs in a few minutes later will see the event in the house log, and once the in game players get out and back in the game (usually the next day) they too will see the event in the house logs.

As for missing loot, that seems to be happening a lot lately, along with the missing bodies and missing lights.

Thanks for the info Bwicked and Sulevia, I'll reach out to the dev team and see what's intended, and if this is something that we need to look into.

• Confused 1

What servers are you both playing on where you see the delay? We're currently getting mixed results where sometimes there is a delay and other times it shows up right away.

Just marking this thread topic because it happen on my server also. I want to see if it is something you can fresh in game.

I play on several servers, official and unofficial, all of which are PvP.  I've seen it on US Knight 11, 25, and 57.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Erebus said:

What servers are you both playing on where you see the delay? We're currently getting mixed results where sometimes there is a delay and other times it shows up right away.

I play on one of the chaos servers. I don't like to be specific due to grievers.

I noticed that Sunday, most of my event logs vanished. Unsure why. Things from the previous day like tamed creatures was no longer in the notifications.