Sign in to follow this  
Sulevia

Using an Airship

Ok, made an airship some time ago.  I look at it every once and awhile, wistfully.  It's horrible to fly.  I once watched another player break into a manor house with one, but he's grown bored with the game and left weeks ago.  I'm not sure how he did it.  He didn't have any weapons on it at the time.

Anyone know how to use it?  Anyone got any tips on flying the thing?

I hear.....not to confirm or deny! But clipping and then dismounting within the enemy’s structure is an issue that the Dev’s or GMs have not confirm is against the intended use of the mechanic. Personal I believe it is but what do I know just my own personal code of fair game play ethics’s.

clipping?  not familiar with that term.  It took the other player over an hour to take down a door.  I doubt that was a bug.  

yes, he got in using the airship.  I just want to know if someone else has been able to do the same thing.

Haven't thought of it until now, or even tried it. But wonder if people are putting res alters on different areas of their airships then fly the airship until it clips through a building, then kill yourself and res inside someone's base.

The devs really need to make the airship no clip so that any part of the ship or anything built onto the ship can not clip into other structures. I'd prefer if tames didn't clip into things also, but if you did that, you'd have to make the wings from flying tames completely clipped so you can't stand on them or run into them (which would be wonderful for things like jumping off a gryphon). I don't really understand why things clip through walls. It's super unrealistic. It's only occasionally funny to pop tame's heads through the wall and do a voice like "Hello! I'm the head on the wall. It's very uncomfortable up here. Do you know where the rest of me went? Is that the rest of me on that rotisserie? Do I taste good? May I have a bite? OH! I should be dead and not talking. Very well then... Bai 😢 "

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 12:55 AM, Bwicked said:

Haven't thought of it until now, or even tried it. But wonder if people are putting res alters on different areas of their airships then fly the airship until it clips through a building, then kill yourself and res inside someone's base.

The devs really need to make the airship no clip so that any part of the ship or anything built onto the ship can not clip into other structures. I'd prefer if tames didn't clip into things also, but if you did that, you'd have to make the wings from flying tames completely clipped so you can't stand on them or run into them (which would be wonderful for things like jumping off a gryphon). I don't really understand why things clip through walls. It's super unrealistic. It's only occasionally funny to pop tame's heads through the wall and do a voice like "Hello! I'm the head on the wall. It's very uncomfortable up here. Do you know where the rest of me went? Is that the rest of me on that rotisserie? Do I taste good? May I have a bite? OH! I should be dead and not talking. Very well then... Bai 😢 "

This already happened and they fixed it.

On 7/11/2018 at 3:55 AM, Bwicked said:

It's been fixed at least since April or May.  Airships used to trample damage manor but was shut off sometime before April/May

Edited by Godhand

I'm trying to get mats together on the weekends (only real free time I have) to make another air ship so I can try testing with the 30 fps drop to see if it will fly correctly and I also want to see if I can clip through someone's manor walls and maybe suicide to use a res alter inside. Because I'm curious. It's going to take me a while though. Gathering some mats after work and plan to use the weekend to stay logged in to let it craft. I don't know if the render distance thing is still an issue, but don't want to risk it for the mats required to make an airship.