Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

Dark and Light 7/5 Update - Patch Notes

Greetings Adventurers!

We hope that everyone who celebrated had a great holiday, and everyone who didn’t is having a great week! We have another small patch this week that will be going live Friday,7/6, at around 1AM PDT. You can check out the full patch notes below.

• Fixed a bug where summoning pools were becoming invisible in Single Player
  • Adjusted Shapeshifting so Adventurers aren’t able to use Shapeshift Runes before unlocking them in the Knowledge tree.

Just wanted to give all of the DnL staff a quick shout-out
@Erebus thank you to all of the DnL staff, for the hard work and dedication y'all have been putting into the game.
Really appreciate yalls work, even if some people can't see it or have some decent amount of patience.
I myself enjoy the opportunity y'all have given to let us play DnL while it is being made.
Thank you for putting up with a lot of the players who are quick to give yall criticism and show a lack of appreciation for all the work y'all have been doing and the progress that has been made.

(Btw, it was noted in the steam comments, not sure if you saw, but the shape shifting for the Nightstalker has been broken for a while, players aren't able to collect the material needed to make the spell.)

11 hours ago, Keegan Targaryen said:

Just wanted to give all of the DnL staff a quick shout-out
@Erebus thank you to all of the DnL staff, for the hard work and dedication y'all have been putting into the game.
Really appreciate yalls work, even if some people can't see it or have some decent amount of patience.
I myself enjoy the opportunity y'all have given to let us play DnL while it is being made.
Thank you for putting up with a lot of the players who are quick to give yall criticism and show a lack of appreciation for all the work y'all have been doing and the progress that has been made.

(Btw, it was noted in the steam comments, not sure if you saw, but the shape shifting for the Nightstalker has been broken for a while, players aren't able to collect the material needed to make the spell.)

Don't get me wrong, I love what they are doing but what they doing, I personally feel is out of order. So let me explain why I feel this way. We have content that isn't working but the community not active on the forums are not aware of the broken or unfinished content. The Guardian Tree is a prime example of is it broken or unfinished because of the explanation and wording of the Guardian that suggest when it envolving it will grant you a surprise. So after you grind for this content and wonder why it is not evolving and research what you may have done wrong, to find out that this content is not finished or bugged after a year and patch after patch of new content added and this is still an active content within the game and not removed. Most people going to get pissed off and rage quit. They have to either remove the broken, more than a year content and reintroduce at a later time to avoid the wasted time sink and dissatisfaction with the game it can create. But clearly that is not what they are doing and that's is just a quarter of the broken core content that has not been fixed or removed in more than a year now with more new content on the way.   

I love their ideas of what they are trying to do but hate the order and dissatisfaction of how to accomplishing those ideas it is creating!

On 7/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, RainGnyu said:

Don't get me wrong, I love what they are doing but what they doing, I personally feel is out of order. So let me explain why I feel this way. We have content that isn't working but the community not active on the forums are not aware of the broken or unfinished content. The Guardian Tree is a prime example of is it broken or unfinished because of the explanation and wording of the Guardian that suggest when it envolving it will grant you a surprise. So after you grind for this content and wonder why it is not evolving and research what you may have done wrong, to find out that this content is not finished or bugged after a year and patch after patch of new content added and this is still an active content within the game and not removed. Most people going to get pissed off and rage quit. They have to either remove the broken, more than a year content and reintroduce at a later time to avoid the wasted time sink and dissatisfaction with the game it can create. But clearly that is not what they are doing and that's is just a quarter of the broken core content that has not been fixed or removed in more than a year now with more new content on the way.   

I love their ideas of what they are trying to do but hate the order and dissatisfaction of how to accomplishing those ideas it is creating!

They addressed a lot of that in the QnA that they hosted, if you didn't watch it, I recommend that you check it out.
They are aware of a lot of the stuff that isn't working properly, but they also have a lot of other content that needs attention because the active community demands for a lot of attention in various different areas.
Sure some stuff isn't working 100% like the shape shifting spell for Night stalkers doesn't work but it works for other species.
But at the same time of stuff not being to 100% of working you also have people complaining about lag, and rendering, and people complaining about not a lot of content, and then when the devs give people content you get the same people who were bitching about not having content now crying over the fact that they have content but lag and rendering is still a problem.

Literally a lot of the population in this world are a bunch of triggered babies that demand for specific things and when the Devs cater to them it's never enough because they throw a fit about something else.

They're trying their best at getting everything going in a smooth path as best as they can, but the community is cut throat and doesn't want to give them time to breath and get stuff done.
What people need to do, is jump on the forums let the devs know something isn't working and then go and play the game. Or they can just not play, do something else while the game moves forward to be finished.

The DLC that is coming out, is going to be free for the players, give the players something to do and work with, along with that it will address a lot of issues that exist.
ARK had a lot of the same troubles and a good chunk of the DnL population are players from ARK, and a lot of them were involved in the EA of ARK so they know what to expect and yet a lot of them are the same triggered players.

52 minutes ago, Keegan Targaryen said:

They addressed a lot of that in the QnA that they hosted, if you didn't watch it, I recommend that you check it out.
They are aware of a lot of the stuff that isn't working properly, but they also have a lot of other content that needs attention because the active community demands for a lot of attention in various different areas.
Sure some stuff isn't working 100% like the shape shifting spell for Night stalkers doesn't work but it works for other species.
But at the same time of stuff not being to 100% of working you also have people complaining about lag, and rendering, and people complaining about not a lot of content, and then when the devs give people content you get the same people who were bitching about not having content now crying over the fact that they have content but lag and rendering is still a problem.

Literally a lot of the population in this world are a bunch of triggered babies that demand for specific things and when the Devs cater to them it's never enough because they throw a fit about something else.

They're trying their best at getting everything going in a smooth path as best as they can, but the community is cut throat and doesn't want to give them time to breath and get stuff done.
What people need to do, is jump on the forums let the devs know something isn't working and then go and play the game. Or they can just not play, do something else while the game moves forward to be finished.

The DLC that is coming out, is going to be free for the players, give the players something to do and work with, along with that it will address a lot of issues that exist.
ARK had a lot of the same troubles and a good chunk of the DnL population are players from ARK, and a lot of them were involved in the EA of ARK so they know what to expect and yet a lot of them are the same triggered players.

You are right! Give them until the end of this year to get the guardian tree working or removed before I copy and paste this thread post again. Is that fair enough?

Edited by RainGnyu

51 minutes ago, RainGnyu said:

You are right! Give them until the end of this year to get the guardian tree working or removed before I copy and paste this thread post again. Is that fair enough?

sure... I guess? They're aware of the tree issue, it was brought up in the QnA

On 7/8/2018 at 12:00 AM, RainGnyu said:

I can understand your concerns but honestly there's a very large fanbase out there that has an overwhelming desire for new content. Personally I haven't really given much thought to the guardian tree since around March, and I'm sure neither has many other people. With all due respect though your pattern of behavior seems to imply you speak for the most dedicated players and the developers should cater primarily to you. I'm sure they're aware of many of the issues but the game doesn't have a lot of content and its still in its infancy. Appreciate them and send suggestions but don't crap on their parade. If it's really about the guardian tree, I don't think anyone would care if they removed it from the game altogether. They have as much to be proud of with their creation as you do with whatever you build... on their platform. 

I don’t care anymore now! I am still going to grow the Tree just because, even if it doesn’t do anything. Maybe because I am an elf faction. I don’t know why I want this tree so bad.........