Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

Dark and Light Update 6/21 - Summer Announcements

Greetings Adventurers!

We’ve been hinting at some big news for a few weeks now, and the time has finally arrived where we can spill it all! There are four big topics that we want to cover, the first one being the Steam Summer Sale!

5b2beb13a3ff8_SummerSale.thumb.jpg.0edfcbf5b40ef3f964c3b723708798d0.jpg

Dark and Light is part of the Steam summer sale which started today, 6/21. For the entirety of the sale, Dark and Light will be available for purchase for half price. This sale is a great opportunity for new Adventurers to come to Archos, so be on the lookout for fresh faces, and don’t be afraid to lend a helping hand if need be!

To go along with the Steam Summer Sale, we have an event that will be available on all official servers until the sale is over. We’ve asked the dev team if they could crank up the drops rates a bit, which they were more than happy to do. Starting this weekend, all drop and harvest rates will be increased by two times what they normally are. This event is for new and seasoned players alike, so be sure that you’re taking full advantage of these rates while you can. This event will last until the end of the Steam Summer Sale.

Today is a big day in Archos, and as some of you may already have heard, Dark and Light has officially announced its first DLC expansion. Dark and Light - Shard of Faith, will be a new map for Adventurers to tackle, with new creatures, spells, and items. You can check out the official announcement here.

Last but not least, we have one more thing that we’d like to do on the community side. We’ve been talking about doing a live stream for some time now, and we feel with all of this big news, that now is the time. Erebus, Zypher, and Machine will be hosting a round table live Q&A on Twitch.tv/darkandlightofficial. The stream will be kicking off on Friday, 6/22, at 3PM PDT and go for about an hour.

We’d like to again thank everyone for their constant support and care during Dark and Light’s Early Access. Through thick and thin, you’ve been with us for almost a year now, and we couldn’t be happier. All of us here at Snail Games are so excited for the future of Dark and Light, and we can’t wait to show you all what we’ve been working on. 

• Like 2

so, next patch, change the timers on tames, having them set there with 700 of 765 days left taking up space is waste

This is feedback that we've gotten a few times, and we're talking about adjusting it internally Grip. Thanks for bringing it up again though, feedback is always appreciated. 

• Like 1

The answer may be obvious to former ARK players, but in the new area of the map will we have the same characters?  Will we be starting over?  or will there be new levels available for our old characters?

There will be a portal so that you can bring your current Adventurer to the new area.

Hey Erebus, so I know yall said in the QnA that the new big 4 factions in the DLC have to be unlocked, and didn't really go into a lot of detail about what exactly that means.
But I was wondering, if you are able to enlighten a bit more on the subject, when the factions are unlocked, does that create a 100% unlock so if I were to go to a different server, would I be able to right off the bat use one of the 4?
And also when they are initially unlocked, if I want to be that faction will I need to re-roll and start over again? (Probably a yes, but figured I'd ask anyways)

On 6/26/2018 at 12:51 PM, Erebus said:

This is feedback that we've gotten a few times, and we're talking about adjusting it internally Grip. Thanks for bringing it up again though, feedback is always appreciated. 

thanks!