Sign in to follow this  
Fabea

Wraiths grrrrrrrrr

I restarted my solo game and found that it's very hard for a new player to set up any base when they have to run the gauntlet of the wraithes outside the city and then atract the atention of those from the fishing village. I thought you were making it a little more new user friendlier, well this is chronic. I don't mind hard but this is almost suicidal with so many wraithes appearing twice daily, when the city ones vanish, those from the fishing village take over leaving little or no time to build :(

How many wraiths Fabea? There is an issue right now with dark creature spawns out of meteors in Single Player, and it's something we're working on fixing. 

Strangly enough there doesn't seem to be too many from the meteor that lands near the bridge to the city, it's usually 2 or 3. I don't know how many from the fishing village, I am complaining about how there is no rest between the city one and the fishing village one, but the other problem seems to of been solved there by me starting a fresh game, BUT I have no idea yet of how many show up from other meteors because I am still at level 13 in the new game.  

Couldn't you space out the meteor landings so anyone trying to start a build could actually place a floor, I tried 4 times and had to run for the city each time without placing more than one small chest :(

My first horse died btw, that wraith followed us into the city and he had to of come from the fishing village as the one by the lake had gone and so had the wraiths vanished that were from that one.

I really think this is a bug, after all those spawned by the fishing village should not be able to travel into the city it has enough of them already :(

I got to the fishing village today by using a 2 handed sword and god cheat and counted 8 dark fallen before I ran for it, even in god mode you can die or crash your game.. :( Yes there were also wraithes around but I didn't get to counting them sorry Erebus

Edited by Fabea
Count of Dark fallen in fishing village

I am still also seeing too many Krampus, when I got to the stables there were 2 of them that nearly killed my second horse.

I know this game is meant to be hard but having to deal with duplicate horrors is very off putting to say the least.

Further to this problem, I was met by around six or more wraithes just outside my new base earlier today. I am guessing that there are so many around the beach and fishing village that they have to wander further afield and end up near my base. It's no longer a real problem except when I need to take my character there to solve focus or grab stuff for my new base, but it's a nightmare when you are a low level and trying to build your first construction.

I had a similar problem in single player. A new elf character, got a foot hold not far outside town, went to the beach for a spot of taming and holy crap there were four wraiths, with six skellys in tow. I ran away, my tame got murdered but I had to laugh. So many bad things, so so many bad things in such a small area, I was tempted to go give them all a good beating but I don't think a stone sword would have done much, actually I'm still chuckling about it, so many blueprints got away.

[A]

Sorry that I haven't updated this thread sooner; I know that Fabea and I have talked about this issue in a couple of places. The creatures spawning out of meteors, such as wraiths, are not despawning in single player. We do know how big of an issue this is, and we're looking into what's causing it.