Sign in to follow this  
Erebus

Dark and Light 4/26 Update - Patch Notes

Greetings Adventurers! On Friday, 3/27, a patch will be released. Be sure to check out of all of the changes made to Dark and Light in the full patch notes below!

Magic Optimization

• Second Round of Magic/Rune adjustments
  • Adjust the required material for crafting and repairing staff heads in order to simplify the crafting and repairing process
  • Increase staff head duration, allowing more spells to be cast before needing repairs.
  • Elite and Dark creatures can now drop higher quality staff heads.
  • Lowered the Dark creature’s level that spawn from meteorites right outside City entrances.

-Notes to Adventurers: We’re going to continue pushing more optimizations for Dark and Light throughout the month of May. We’re going to really be focusing on optimizing the performance of Dark and Light, making it easier for your PC to run. By adjusting asset and gameplay optimization, the amount of memory used and stress on system GPUs will be lowered.This should help a lot with lagging and black screen issues players are having. When it comes to ingame optimizations, we’re focusing on adjust the creatures around Archos, redefining their roles, tweaking their stats, adjusting item drops, and providing more unique skills. This wills make those creatures more distinct and their role more defined.

Gameplay Optimizations

• Shattering vfx for harvested bush/grass has been changed to a fading vfx, for optimization purposes, which should reduce lag.
  • Feeding trough icon will no longer appear on top of the tames if they’re not actually eating from the trough.
  • Removed all unused keybindings from the option menu
  • Remove the default N for Whistle all to follow. Players should now be able to bind whichever key they want for whistle all to follow. 
  • Note: Changing this might cause other customized key binding to go back to default, so double check these to make sure your key bindings are correct.
  • Reduced the screen shaking effect Firestorm causes

Bug Fixes

• Fix a bug where players can utilize Soul Binding Scroll were having unintended effects on equipment.
  • Fix a bug where Water Elementals were able to damage Manor Structures
  • Fix a bug where Dark Creatures from Dark Invasions would get stuck under the ground.
  • Fix a bug where creatures being tamed would sometimes have their health drop
  • Fix a bug where duplicate soul nodes would show up in the revival screen.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Erebus said:

Greetings Adventurers! On Friday, 3/27, a patch will be released.

Ummm. no where did it mention how long server maintenance would last to apply the patch and run server diagnostics.
No where did it mention what time maintenance would start. Would have been nice to know before starting a summoning pool summon. Hope server saves the state of the summons.
The server maintenance script also doesn't mention how long maintenance will last when it's counting down.
Might want to include that information.

• Confused 1

In regards to the shattering VFX,  I really like how the grass works now. It might be worth looking into how far shattered pieces of rock fly. Currently, I can smash a rock and some pieces go flying roughly 200+ yards. Hell, some pieces literally fly across the map. Tone it down a little so they only shatter in a 5 ft radius?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DHew said:

In regards to the shattering VFX,  I really like how the grass works now. It might be worth looking into how far shattered pieces of rock fly. Currently, I can smash a rock and some pieces go flying roughly 200+ yards. Hell, some pieces literally fly across the map. Tone it down a little so they only shatter in a 5 ft radius?

Maybe you're just so strong that you send rocks flying 200 yards away....

The flying rocks have been a problem in the past when I'm out gathering with others.  The rocks hit them and distracts them from what they are doing.  Actually, I've scared a couple of newbies with flying rock.  I may look powerful, but the game looks amateurish when it happens.

• Haha 1

Will you elaborate on the “building issues” mentioned in the latest archos herald?

Also, many staff heads are unable to be repaired ie: fireball iii and frost bolt iii

Edited by DHew

On 4/26/2018 at 8:44 PM, Erebus said:

Greetings Adventurers! On Friday, 3/27, a patch will be released. Be sure to check out of all of the changes made to Dark and Light in the full patch notes below!

Magic Optimization

• Second Round of Magic/Rune adjustments
  • Adjust the required material for crafting and repairing staff heads in order to simplify the crafting and repairing process
  • Increase staff head duration, allowing more spells to be cast before needing repairs.
  • Elite and Dark creatures can now drop higher quality staff heads.
  • Lowered the Dark creature’s level that spawn from meteorites right outside City entrances.

-Notes to Adventurers: We’re going to continue pushing more optimizations for Dark and Light throughout the month of May. We’re going to really be focusing on optimizing the performance of Dark and Light, making it easier for your PC to run. By adjusting asset and gameplay optimization, the amount of memory used and stress on system GPUs will be lowered.This should help a lot with lagging and black screen issues players are having. When it comes to ingame optimizations, we’re focusing on adjust the creatures around Archos, redefining their roles, tweaking their stats, adjusting item drops, and providing more unique skills. This wills make those creatures more distinct and their role more defined.

Gameplay Optimizations

• Shattering vfx for harvested bush/grass has been changed to a fading vfx, for optimization purposes, which should reduce lag.
  • Feeding trough icon will no longer appear on top of the tames if they’re not actually eating from the trough.
  • Removed all unused keybindings from the option menu
  • Remove the default N for Whistle all to follow. Players should now be able to bind whichever key they want for whistle all to follow. 
  • Note: Changing this might cause other customized key binding to go back to default, so double check these to make sure your key bindings are correct.
  • Reduced the screen shaking effect Firestorm causes

Bug Fixes

• Fix a bug where players can utilize Soul Binding Scroll were having unintended effects on equipment.
  • Fix a bug where Water Elementals were able to damage Manor Structures
  • Fix a bug where Dark Creatures from Dark Invasions would get stuck under the ground.
  • Fix a bug where creatures being tamed would sometimes have their health drop
  • Fix a bug where duplicate soul nodes would show up in the revival screen.

Explain the feeding trough icon again not sure I understand how this works again. I think I understand it to mean that if I see the trough icon above my pet it is not eating or feeding from the trough itself?

2 hours ago, RainGnyu said:

Explain the feeding trough icon again not sure I understand how this works again. I think I understand it to mean that if I see the trough icon above my pet it is not eating or feeding from the trough itself?

If a tame has a trough icon, it means it can eat from the trough. No icon, it can't reach food.

I've reported it as a bug that the feeding trough range to some tames is super small, like 2.5 foundations away from a trough, so you need many troughs sometimes and you need to check each one for food. Yet other things could be a good distance away and would have an icon over their heads.

Icon = Eating from trough
No Icon = Move tame closer or place a closer trough

14 minutes ago, RainGnyu said:

Fixed it.....Thank you!

Glad it helped. I was about to say that they did make the icons smaller for one patch, Sometimes they are hard to see and have to look at them just right. Other times it's just spacing, inching your tame close enough that the icon shows up. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwicked said:

Glad it helped. I was about to say that they did make the icons smaller for one patch, Sometimes they are hard to see and have to look at them just right. Other times it's just spacing, inching your tame close enough that the icon shows up. :)

I have to empty all the feeding trough and then the Icon showed up......guess I had to reset everything?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, yeah that's weird. But good to know. My troughs have been empty since I got raided and didn't really have anything to feed any more. Lesson learned though. Must add enough fuel to the house seal that I can be gone a week. If the seal goes down, they think I've quit the game and kill everything. I really wish that the house seal took an easier fuel and each fuel lasted 2 hours like the spell generators. /sigh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwicked said:

Ok, yeah that's weird. But good to know. My troughs have been empty since I got raided and didn't really have anything to feed any more. Lesson learned though. Must add enough fuel to the house seal that I can be gone a week. If the seal goes down, they think I've quit the game and kill everything. I really wish that the house seal took an easier fuel and each fuel lasted 2 hours like the spell generators. /sigh

Agree.....I want the spell generator juice to last 8 hours between bottles.......and And shield 5 hours.

53 minutes ago, RainGnyu said:

Agree.....I want the spell generator juice to last 8 hours between bottles.......and And shield 5 hours.

They just need to introduce some tamable NPC that we can force to make bottles out of thin air. Or, at least some kind of magical machine that just cranks out bottles. Similar to the bon fire that you make once and it produces a ton of charcoal and eventually breaks. But give us an option to repair the bottle making machine or feed the bottle making npc to keep getting bottles made. The grind to make the freaking bottles is the worst part of the game. I swear half my time in the game is just making bottles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwicked said:

They just need to introduce some tamable NPC that we can force to make bottles out of thin air. Or, at least some kind of magical machine that just cranks out bottles. Similar to the bon fire that you make once and it produces a ton of charcoal and eventually breaks. But give us an option to repair the bottle making machine or feed the bottle making npc to keep getting bottles made. The grind to make the freaking bottles is the worst part of the game. I swear half my time in the game is just making bottles.

Bottles are not the problem, filling them is the problem. You grind the mats, fill one magicbench and you get a pretty decent amount of bottles, auto craft. The problem is filling them with water. Manual, 1 by 1 filling, is awesome for cooking recipes and potions, but for magic essence is too much i think, for us and for the server. The in-game recipe says grinded shards, what would make all the process automatized. But would it be too easy to make essence? What should the ratio of shards to grinded shards. Should the albino be nerfed. I still defend that this could be review. Probably would make it too easy even with queue limit and stuff

Edited by Allavez