• Announcements

• Erebus

Dark and Light 4/9 Update - Patch Notes   04/10/2018

Greetings Adventurers! On Tuesday, 4/10, a patch with our first round of bug fixes and optimizations will be released ~2AM PST. Be sure to check out all of all of the changes made to Dark and Light in the full patch notes below!
        Game Updates Optimized loading screen The loading bar will no longer be hidden when loading is stuck. We felt that optimization updates should also be included in the month of bug fixes/balance updates, and is something that we’re focused on going forward. Removed knowledge restriction on all spells and staffheads.  Adventurers no longer have to know a spell in order to use it. The only two exceptions to this rule are Telekinesis and Firestorm. Those are for Master Wizards only. Description text has been added to all harvestable resources to allow easy recognition. Optimized the visual effects for Rune of Restoration, Rune of Warmth, and Rune of Radiance. Bug Fixes Fixed a bug where Small Soul Suppression Stones were not working on Ice and Fire Imps. Fixed a bug where items placed in the three PvE experience workbenches would disappear after activation. Fixed a bug where the Qinaryss Gustclaw’s body would glitch on death. Fixed a bug where items in player customized inventory folders would disappear upon death. Fixed a issue where players were unable to dance at Bonfires. Fixed a bug where players would run into a collision issue at the entrance of Blackice Peaks cause their Adventurer to float.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DHew

Official Launch - (PVP) Dark and Light: Resurrection

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Server Name: Dark and Light: Resurrection

IP: 103.195.103.124:7777

Discord: https://discord.gg/mwd5Kbz

This PVP server will be fully operational and functioning at 9:00AM on 14 April, 2018.

We have received input from about 19 players that they are fed up with exploiting, hacking, and glitching. The staff is starting to address this, but frankly, it ruins servers and communities. Hence, the drive to launch this server.

Dark and Light: Resurrection will be as close to the official server experience as possible, minus the lag, rendering problems, and lack of addressing to the glitching, exploiting, and hacking. Taming will be sped up slightly to 2x, and structural damage will be increased in order to avoid the current near invulnerable experiences with turtling inside manor structures. Manors will still be the strongest by far, but it shouldn't take hours of clicking to destroy a structure that takes 5 minutes of gathering to construct. Respawn radius of resources is also going to be lowered so people can avoid having massive clearings outside of anything they build. Several people have put in the idea that they would like to have trees surround their houses, or boulders in their immediate landscape.

We will be recreating characters from official servers for those who want to swap to this server. Get with an Admin in game, and confirm your requests with screenshots sent via PM or email, and we can do this for you to mitigate time lost. No tames and no items will be duplicated. Balance must remain in importance.

Help us make this into a great Dark and Light experience for everyone. This game is great, and many people enjoy it. Join us!!

Edited by DHew
2 people like this

Feel free to login and mess around, keep in mind there will be a wipe before the launch time.

1 person likes this

I must admit, I’m surprised the hackers haven’t bombed this thread yet. See you all in game tomorrow!

1 person likes this

We’re up. PM me if you’d like to schedule any times for character creations.

1 person likes this

7 elves so far, someone start making a dwarf or hooman!

1 person likes this

This is going to be a great community, join us and have fun. We have a Discord server, join to get updates and chat with our players.

Hop in the discord when you come over and we’ll help you out.

Thanks, i added to server info. Good catch.

Up to 3 Humans, let’s get those dwarves!

Current (active) numbers, as of 23APR2018:

Human: 3

Dwarf: 4

Elf: 9

The dev kit comes out soon, and we’re expecting a few more players still. There might be a small surge once the dev kit actually launches. We have some interested in modding for us, but please PM me if you have a desire to do so. We’re looking to stick to the basic DnL premise. Fantasy RPG based mods with quality of life improvements will be a priority. Any mod is voted for by the community before implementation, unless they are overdue fixes to current content that snail won’t\hasnt done.

Hop in discord and say hi!

Human count is up to roughly 7 now.

TLDR:  We could really use some stinky, nasty, dwarves!! The server is running great and a good baseline community has been built. We’re going to increase server cap to 30 here soon. It will continue to increase as we get more players, so please don’t think that this server will be capped out with a low amount of players.

1 person likes this

The playerbase is solid on the server, we need moar though! Join us.

Lots of new players this weekend. Two twitch streamers. Player capacity increase incoming.

Cześć wam! 

#Polacy #polska #fajny_serwer #mistrz #kocham 

#Serwer_dla_polaków

Mam zaszczyt zaprosić was na ten naprawdę niesamowity serwer, który jest prowadzony przez odpowiedzialnych i świetnych administratorów :) 

Atmosfera jest bajeczna i pomimo PVP to wszyscy sobie pomagają i bawią się grą nie niszcząc sobie nawzajem życia :)

Polecam ten serwer. Możecie mnie tutaj znaleźć pod nickiem Varcolac. To może być nasza ostoja, gdzie polacy będą mogli razem grać bez barier językowych, jak to bywa na oficjalnych serwerach. To może być nasz dom.

Ponadto organizuję event, który odbędzie się 26 maja. Zapraszam. Będzie można wygrać fajne prezenty i co najważniejsze dobrze się bawić xD Event będzie składał się z pięciu zadań. Najciekawszymi to labirynt i pułapka z pytaniami. Naprawdę ptysie ten serwer jest mega i nówka sztuka więc pełno miejsca do budowania :)

DO USŁYSZENIA I DO ZOBACZENIA !!!