Sign in to follow this  
Psykonalle

Harvesting, damage dealing delayed on server

The harvesting as well as damage dealing (maybe more) has been delayed for 3 seconds on EU-Knight-53. Scythe does not work at all when trying to get fur - it gives nothing.

After the last patch, I swung forever at trees with the scythe trying to get apples. It wasn't until I single clicked and waited for the server to catch up, that it started working. But it's annoying and makes me want to throw the scythe at the nearest bargesh that just spawned a meter from my face. ... This game though.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:00 PM, Bwicked said:

After the last patch, I swung forever at trees with the scythe trying to get apples. It wasn't until I single clicked and waited for the server to catch up, that it started working. But it's annoying and makes me want to throw the scythe at the nearest bargesh that just spawned a meter from my face. ... This game though.

Yep. since last patch you have to click once then wait for you to collect with the scythe.

Are you only having this harvesting/damage lag on EU Knight 53 or is it happening on other official servers as well?

I noticed it US Chaos S1 right after the last patch that introduced the Air Temple. You can swing at a tree for 30 seconds with a scythe and not gather anything. You have to single click and wait.

On 09/04/2018 at 8:32 PM, Erebus said:

Are you only having this harvesting/damage lag on EU Knight 53 or is it happening on other official servers as well?

Seems like the scythe is the real issue. Bahamut harvesting works normally now, but the scythe can't harvest from dead creatures or apples from trees. I'll keep you updated

EDIT:

Harvesting stones one volcano island has a significant delay (2 seconds). Using LMB with an axe and bahamut's both attacks result in this. Right-clicking with the axe gives the stones immediately. The bahamut seems to work fine everywhere else

Edited by kaurakenraali

On 16/04/2018 at 8:53 PM, Erebus said:

Thanks for the update Kaurakenraali, I'm logging this right now.

Scythe works like this:

You can click a tree/griffin or whatever you're farming once. Then wait a second to get the stuff. Then another click, wait, get it. So apples from one tree requires a few clicks depending on the damage of the scythe of course. In other words, you can't simple keep the mouse button down to ''auto''harvest.

I am having this problem with all tools.  I just rented a server 2 days ago.  No matter what tool I am using, I get the same harvesting delay when left clicking.  Right clicking works fine.  I did notice that if I happen to level up, just afterwards the LMB works fine.  Then after a few minutes of gathering, I have to click then wait.  I am also having this same issue on official servers.  Of course it works fine in single player.

5 hours ago, Oakenhammer said:

I am having this problem with all tools.  I just rented a server 2 days ago.  No matter what tool I am using, I get the same harvesting delay when left clicking.  Right clicking works fine.  I did notice that if I happen to level up, just afterwards the LMB works fine.  Then after a few minutes of gathering, I have to click then wait.  I am also having this same issue on official servers.  Of course it works fine in single player.

Have you checked your ping to the servers? If the ping is high or fluctuates often you'll notice lag doing all sorts of things, you'll want ping around 50 or lower if possible. You'll want to find a server that's as close as possible to you. You'll also want to check your network speed by running speed tests. You can google speed test and usually one of the top options can test your speed and give you an indication of your connection is struggling or not.

Thanks for the reply Bwicked.  My ping to the server is around 45.  My download and upload is 89/31.  So no problems there that I can see.  Just built this pc also. The latest I7, Rog Strix Z370 MB with Gtx 1080ti and 32 gigs of ram.  I am going to reboot my router and modem to see if that helps any.

6 hours ago, Oakenhammer said:

Thanks for the reply Bwicked.  My ping to the server is around 45.  My download and upload is 89/31.  So no problems there that I can see.  Just built this pc also. The latest I7, Rog Strix Z370 MB with Gtx 1080ti and 32 gigs of ram.  I am going to reboot my router and modem to see if that helps any.

Your system should def run it smoothly, especially if you run the game off a SSD. I learned early on to run ARK on an SSD and since DnL is based off of the modified ARK engine, I also run DnL on a SSD for faster load times.

Try playing on some official servers, hopefully you don't get a toxic server full of hackers and ddos'ers. Maybe the patch helped too. Then go back to your rented server and see if you get the same issues. If it's worse on the rented server, maybe consider trying a different server hosting company. I hope it starts working better for you.

We do know about the scythe was having a lag issue on all servers, hopefully it's fixed now. It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes but devs like to sneak in fixes and extras for some reason. Most things I just right click to gather and attack if the option is available. You gather faster and do more damage and it's just faster.