• Announcements

• Erebus

Dark and Light 4/9 Update - Patch Notes   04/10/2018

Greetings Adventurers! On Tuesday, 4/10, a patch with our first round of bug fixes and optimizations will be released ~2AM PST. Be sure to check out all of all of the changes made to Dark and Light in the full patch notes below!
        Game Updates Optimized loading screen The loading bar will no longer be hidden when loading is stuck. We felt that optimization updates should also be included in the month of bug fixes/balance updates, and is something that we’re focused on going forward. Removed knowledge restriction on all spells and staffheads.  Adventurers no longer have to know a spell in order to use it. The only two exceptions to this rule are Telekinesis and Firestorm. Those are for Master Wizards only. Description text has been added to all harvestable resources to allow easy recognition. Optimized the visual effects for Rune of Restoration, Rune of Warmth, and Rune of Radiance. Bug Fixes Fixed a bug where Small Soul Suppression Stones were not working on Ice and Fire Imps. Fixed a bug where items placed in the three PvE experience workbenches would disappear after activation. Fixed a bug where the Qinaryss Gustclaw’s body would glitch on death. Fixed a bug where items in player customized inventory folders would disappear upon death. Fixed a issue where players were unable to dance at Bonfires. Fixed a bug where players would run into a collision issue at the entrance of Blackice Peaks cause their Adventurer to float.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Erebus

Dark and Light 3/28 Update - Patch Notes

20 posts in this topic

Greetings Adventurers! On Thursday, 3/28 a patch with a new PvE experience, Mistvane Shrine, and many adjustments to Archos will be deployed. After the deployment of this patch, we’ll be focusing our efforts on bugs still plaguing Archos, and the overall balance of Dark and Light. Be sure to check out of all of the changes made to Dark and Light in the full patch notes below!

Mistvane Shrine

5abc2b660b3d6_airtemp3.thumb.jpg.0f24a68705e1c7c914ed56162f533dab.jpg

Mistvane Shrine is a jail that was created by the Gods to contain terrible creatures that could not be controlled. The shrine was sealed in the sky above the Floating Islands and hidden in dense fog in hopes that it would never be found. For daring Adventurers that wish to take on these terrors, they’ll have to transfer to Mistvane Shrine using the conveyor system hidden in the Floating Islands.

Qinaryss Gustclaw

Qinaryss Gustclaw is the sole descendant of a tribe known by legend as the "Galeriders", a band of powerful harpies who were responsible for gathering the wind magic to give rise to Mistvane Shrine. Qinaryss Gustclaw is over five centuries old and, since birth, has bathed in the concentrated magic of the temple. She is able to project her voice, causing Adventurers to become disoriented or even blackout. She is a truly dangerous foe, and will stop at nothing to defend her domain against any intruding Adventurers.

Fey Drake

An enchanted familiar of Qinaryss Gustclaw. This reptilian minion thrives in the wind and can conjure strong healing magic. It is the key to Qinaryss Gustclaw's cursed long life. Bred to be submissive, the Fey Dragon may hunt for a new master should anything happen to its current one.

5abc2b63b7647_Airtemp2.thumb.jpg.6941b70d27cc6d031caf5d029a4b1304.jpg

New Equipment - Cloudburst Armor and Stormbreaker Glaive

After defeating Qinaryss Adventurers will be able to forge with materials once thought to be long lost. These materials will allow the construction of the Cloudburst Armor Set and the Stormbreaker Glaive. 

• Stormbreaker Glaive - Attacking with this spear will charge the weapon leading to a devastating power attack.
  • Cloudburst Armor - Donning a full set of this will allow Adventurers to glide with wings of their very own, controlling their falls and assisting in the navigation of Archos.

5abc2b6228d44_Airtemp1.thumb.jpg.3c6fcf9e07eab64643daa0d4d1dffabe.jpg

Important Fixes

• Fixed an issue where players were falling through ceilings after death.
  • Fixed an issue where Dark Magic Knowledge was getting stuck.

Single Player Fixes

• Fixed an issue where game progress was not saved after exiting Dark and Light.
  • Fixed an issue where starting a single player game would kick players back to the main menu.

Game Updates

• Taming non-elementals will now provide Riding and Taming Knowledge.
  • House Healing Flag now requires Frost Essence to Craft.
  • Optimized the spell effects for Rune of Warmth, Rune of Light, and Rune of Restoration.
  • Renamed NPCs that had the same name.
  • Optimized and reduced lag when collecting resources in the Wheat Field.
  • Optimized running for Male Adventurers so they are less hunched over.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where Adventurers that were shapeshifted into a Yeti were able to damage any structure type.
  • Fixed a bug where The Searing Edge was able to deal damage to manor structures.
  • Fixed a bug where the Frost Dragon’s breath attack was able to deal damage to Iron and Manor Structures.
  • Fixed a bug where creatures couldn't be looted in Blackice Peaks.
  • Fixed a bug with the Ice Minion’s eye visual effects.
  • Fixed a bug where Frozen Crystal Ore is invisible in Blackice Peaks.
  • Fixed a bug where Adventurers would get stuck in the terrain after using Bel'Xahl's Portal.
  • Fixed a bug where Adventurer's head is smaller than it actually is in character creation screen.
  • Fixed a bug where there were gaps in between Manor Ceiling pieces. 
  • Fixed a bug where Goblin Ballistas weren’t able to be placed.
  • Fixed a bug where vegetation around Archos would sometimes float in midair.
  • Fixed a bug where painted creatures wouldn’t be painted in creature inventory portrait. 
  • Fixed a bug where Adventurers would logout standing.
  • Fixed a bug where NPC's clothing was clipping.
1 person likes this

May I ask about the DnL Dev Kit that was announced? I thought it was supposed to be the end of March.

Pretty sure the road map pushed it till sometime in April, main focus was the new pve cave and various other bugs this month.

9 hours ago, Bwicked said:

May I ask about the DnL Dev Kit that was announced? I thought it was supposed to be the end of March.

I'm going to have more info on the dev kit in the April Monthly Development Timeline.

2 people like this

So what is with the new head bob on griffons? It's making me sick and there is no way to disable it.

Love the updates, but are we ever going to end the reign of Krampus?  Wasn't that supposed to be seasonal?

14 minutes ago, Physt said:

So what is with the new head bob on griffons? It's making me sick and there is no way to disable it.

I saw a forum post about this on Steam as well, and I'm asking about it right now.

Snail not even good for themselves. They added the multiple color pattern for creatures, and dont state it. This would improve the trust alot, like, guys, as you asked, you have the multiple colors again. Extra 100 points!

18 minutes ago, Sulevia said:

Love the updates, but are we ever going to end the reign of Krampus?  Wasn't that supposed to be seasonal?

Suggest another way of easily make coal aswell. Krampus its not just a decoration

5 minutes ago, Allavez said:

Snail not even good for themselves. They added the multiple color pattern for creatures, and dont state it. This would improve the trust alot, like, guys, as you asked, you have the multiple colors again. Extra 100 points!

But isn't the surprise nice as well! On a serious note, you're right, we'll try and do that more often in patch notes/releases.

12 minutes ago, Erebus said:

But isn't the surprise nice as well! On a serious note, you're right, we'll try and do that more often in patch notes/releases.

I will pretend i didnt read that. 

Posted (edited)

The stormbreaker glaive doesn't have a red dot show up when you are using the right click so it's hard to aim. Also the charged up attack actually does less damage then the regular right and has a tiny hit box despite have a giant electricity particle effect around it.  So we have a sword,a spear, an axe, and a hammer we can get from dungeons. I guess the earth dungeon will be a giant pickaxe, the dark a dagger, and the light dungeon a mage staff?

Edited by Xanjis
1 person likes this

I had a good time today I really enjoyed myself!.......Bug Fixes now Devs/GMs! Hack proof this game and start kicking these Worms! 

I've noticed a few things that weren't in the patch notes. The Devs need to do a better job of logging their fixes so all these changes can be in the patch notes.

-The first thing I noticed was that I couldn't left click anything to attack. I found the button unassigned in key bindings.
-Then I noticed harvesting apples with a scythe was near impossible, until I started single clicking and giving the game a moment to catch up. This seems to have effected a few various attacks. So now there is attack lag and you have to slow down for some reason. I hope this is a bug. Also the change to the great sword left click animation wasn't mentioned in the notes.
-It took me a while, but I noticed the changes to colors in Panthers, Nidhogs, and a few other creatures. I thought my house mate was playing with dyes again and was going to complement her on the great paint job.
-We completed an airship build today, our first one. Someone stayed in render the whole time, but the dock was damaged. I thought maybe it was going to disappear but it completed and stayed. However, the next thing we completed was the skyfortress helm and it seems to be bugged or I am just too tired to figure out how to place it. There's no 'Use' option to place it. Unsure if we have to complete all the pieces in order in the skyfortress dock table for the helm to work or if it's just flat-out bugged. Couldn't drag to the hotbar to use, putting it in the ship inventory does nothing, I can walk around and get a drive option but that does nothing. The area where the helm should snap doesn't give an indication I can attach the helm there if I have one. So I guess our next step is to incrementally build each piece as they are displayed in the dock's workbench table.
-Our Albino Deer was found stuck in an iron triangle foundation and we couldn't get it out. We tried whistle following and flying around the area slowly both ways to get it unstuck. We tried leaving the area while it was on follow and coming back a bit later to see if he'd magically pop out of the floor, no luck. We tried picking it up with a windrider unsure if they could carry an albino deer, still no luck. So we demolished the floor which caused him to shoot up and he shot himself into an iron wall near by from reserved movement physics that built up in the game. But he was fine after that. Had it been a manor foundation, I'd be much more upset.
-Our bed which is tucked under an iron ceiling just one wall high from where the bed was place would cause you to get stuck and float in a falling animation above the bed once you woke up. You can not use a teleportation spell to get unstuck. Instead you have to demolish the bed to get unstuck. To give an idea of how this bed was placed, it sat on top of an iron foundation, there is a wall behind the bed and an iron wall to left of the headboard and then an iron ceiling across the top. Behind the headboard is also an iron wall. To the right of the headboard is a curing rack and a spell tower near the foot of the bed and almost even with the curing rack. On the iron ceiling above are 3 curing racks. Before the patch you'd wake up to be slightly stuck and you could crouch to get back out. It's fine though, I can use a sleeping bag as I usually keep one on me anyway. ;)

Anyway, this has pretty much been my day, just farming and putting up with various changes.

I did hear some people going through the new sky temple and it sounded like they were having fun. So good job on that. The area where you enter looks nice. I can't wait to explore it when I get some other game projects out of the way.

Oh, also before the patch there were a few other bugs I've noticed, guess I could just mention this here and maybe copy this later and put it in the bug forum.

-Spyglass range to read what things are and their levels seems to have greatly decreased. You have to get much closer to things to use it and I hope it's a bug because there are some things I don't want to get close to. It wouldn't be so bad if you could use your spyglass on your tames like you can in ARK. Sadly, DnL makes you jump off your tame to use a spyglass.
-Nidhogs that run out of stamina too high up will descend a certain distance and just stall out making you have to jump off to get it to land completely. This can be very scary depending how high up you are.
-Nidhog spin attack has some kind of cooldown after you lift off to start flying. This is very annoying when horrible things that want to eat your face can't be immediately attacked. It's not just the spin attack, it's all attacks seem to share this cooldown before you can start attacking after lift-off.
-Leaving anything on wander, even if it's following another creature that's not on wander, has the potential of that creature walking through iron walls and getting attacked the world if you leave render or log out. Doesn't happen all the time, but I've found my Nidhog a good distance from my base one day getting attacked. If I didn't see the damage numbers, I wouldn't have known he has the super power to walk through walls when no one is looking. I've caught the Albino Deer doing this as well. This has an even higher chance of happening if you just let things wander and don't have them also following something stationary.

Okay, that's all I have for now.

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, Bwicked said:

The helm is a saddle, you dont place it

16 hours ago, Bwicked said:

. However, the next thing we completed was the skyfortress helm and it seems to be bugged or I am just too tired to figure out how to place it. There's no 'Use' option to place it.

Get up on the back deck, go into room, look for shiny box of stuff, open it, and you will see a place to place the helm 

word of caution do not land on mountains and surfaces that are not earth ground in the world, if you do, do not release control of ship, or yo will not be able to 'drive' it again. If you are unable to be properly 'grounded' the option to drive does not show up and you cannot fly the ship again

Thanks Grip and Allavez. Yeah. after I saw Allavez's reply I facepalmed and logged back in. I didn't dare move it until we finished the other pieces. House mate got on and played with it anyway. It's super hard to drive and it likes to drift to the right for some reason. I'll be pressing w forward and it will move diagonally to the right for some reason, usually after turning. The ship lags and bounces around sometimes. When you do get it going, it seems super slow, a little too slow I think. It seems more stable to just walk it on the ground as long as there aren't trees. Also, why don't the frames snap to the ship? Why are they like foundations and you have to carefully line them up? I don't get it. I also think I put the cargo hatch on backwards somehow. It opens inwards and I thought it would open outwards like you see in most films with hatches of planes or space ships. But there was no way to get on the other side of the ship to carefully line it up or flip it around. These pieces should just snap into place, and if for some reason we want to snap them somewhere unique, for science, then maybe set a key to disable snapping while depressed, maybe the shift key or one of those other keys. Also, it's apparently taken damage already from something and there doesn't seem to be a way to repair it with materials. Haven't tested the healing spell yet. There's got to be a way to repair it you'd think.

Good to know about the ground thing Grip. I have mentioned in one of my older bug reports that the sea rocks, rocks in the water, didn't act as the ground map while trying to build on them. So I assume those and other similar things are what you're talking about. Thanks for that heads up.

16 hours ago, Bwicked said:

Thanks Grip and Allavez. Yeah. after I saw Allavez's reply I facepalmed and logged back in. I didn't dare move it until we finished the other pieces. House mate got on and played with it anyway. It's super hard to drive and it likes to drift to the right for some reason. I'll be pressing w forward and it will move diagonally to the right for some reason, usually after turning. The ship lags and bounces around sometimes. When you do get it going, it seems super slow, a little too slow I think. It seems more stable to just walk it on the ground as long as there aren't trees. Also, why don't the frames snap to the ship? Why are they like foundations and you have to carefully line them up? I don't get it. I also think I put the cargo hatch on backwards somehow. It opens inwards and I thought it would open outwards like you see in most films with hatches of planes or space ships. But there was no way to get on the other side of the ship to carefully line it up or flip it around. These pieces should just snap into place, and if for some reason we want to snap them somewhere unique, for science, then maybe set a key to disable snapping while depressed, maybe the shift key or one of those other keys. Also, it's apparently taken damage already from something and there doesn't seem to be a way to repair it with materials. Haven't tested the healing spell yet. There's got to be a way to repair it you'd think.

Good to know about the ground thing Grip. I have mentioned in one of my older bug reports that the sea rocks, rocks in the water, didn't act as the ground map while trying to build on them. So I assume those and other similar things are what you're talking about. Thanks for that heads up.

One of ours is sitting out on volcano island on a rock shelf.....no way to 'drive' it... we are going to let it be a 'base' on the ledge for mithril mining and processing... put an altar on it to pop in and the recall out to town.    Our hatch also opens inward....

Well done on the patch! Lets hope we see more such "clean" patches as game goes on.