Sign in to follow this  
sombrero

Death after login

Recommended Posts

Seit dem Patch 3/8 ist mein Charakter nach jedem Login tod!

Google translation: Since patch 3/8 my character is dead after every login!

Server: EU-MasterBuilder-S1

 

DNL_2018-03-11_07-21-46-026.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please find a cure for this soon, or tell us what could be causing it. If I can cure it my end I will willingly try what you suggest so I can play it again without fear of loosing all I carry with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fabea said:

Please find a cure for this soon, or tell us what could be causing it. If I can cure it my end I will willingly try what you suggest so I can play it again without fear of loosing all I carry with me.

As I mentioned in another thread regarding this issue,  this bug has been reported for a while now, so they probably can't fix it. In the meantime, get naked before you log out. Put everything in a personal lockbox and at least when you log in dead, you won't have lost anything valuable.

Edited by Physt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Physt said:

As I mentioned in another thread regarding this issue,  this bug has been reported for a while now, so they probably can't fix it. In the meantime, get naked before you log out. Put everything in a personal lockbox and at least when you log in dead, you won't have lost anything valuable.

No point me getting naked, I already have a bug where my present armor has stuck to me but at basic level lol

But I am going to make a chest just for my inventory and one at every base so I can load all my items into it for when I log back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todeszeit 2018. 03.13 - 06:05:49 MEZ. Um diese Zeit war ich nicht mehr On! Ich hatte mich gestern 2018. 03.12 - ca 20.30 MEZ vom Spiel ausgeloggt.
Kann es sein, daß das Spiel trotz Logout weiter läuft?

Google translation: Death time 2018. 03.13 - 06:05:49 CET. At that time, I was no longer on! I had logged out of the game yesterday 2018. 03.12 - ca 20.30 CET.
Can it be that the game continues despite logout?

 

Unbenannt.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game keeps going when you're logged out @Sombrero. Unless you are playing a local game where it uses your computer as the game server. If someone enters the loading range of your base while you are logged out, there's a chance that bargesh, wolves, panthers, and anything else could spawn inside your base. There's a chance you could fall through the floor if you built on water and drown while you're offline also. I've learned the hard way to put any weapons and armor into a chest before you log out or you might lose them if you somehow die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been noticing that when I log in sometimes, my health is drained a lot more than when I log out. I'm not sure if there's a bug where you lose health over time while logged out or if I'm being attacked while I'm offline by things spawning in the base and the spell towers take care of it, or what. House news doesn't keep track of wild things they kill while online or offline so it's hard to say. There's a chance that health is draining while being offline and it might drain enough to kill some people. I've got about 1300 HP atm and logged in with about 400 hp remaining. When you're starting out you have much less HP and so if I didn't have the HP I currently have, I could have possibly been logging in dead the last week or so.

Just something to think about. I put all my stuff into a chest before logging out when I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 2:02 AM, Bwicked said:

The game keeps going when you're logged out @Sombrero. Unless you are playing a local game where it uses your computer as the game server. If someone enters the loading range of your base while you are logged out, there's a chance that bargesh, wolves, panthers, and anything else could spawn inside your base. There's a chance you could fall through the floor if you built on water and drown while you're offline also. I've learned the hard way to put any weapons and armor into a chest before you log out or you might lose them if you somehow die.

Sadly this is happening in single player too since the latest patches. Happens on Official, Unofficial and now in Single Player. If I get disconnected for some reason in single player, I log in dead even if it''s only 30s to reconnect. There is never any body to retrieve either. They broke something again and well, like other bugs that have been around forever, can;t seem to figure this one out.

I don't mind the workaround of getting naked before logout, but loggging in dead with no body after a simple disconnect is getting stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Physt said:

Sadly this is happening in single player too since the latest patches. Happens on Official, Unofficial and now in Single Player. If I get disconnected for some reason in single player, I log in dead even if it''s only 30s to reconnect. There is never any body to retrieve either. They broke something again and well, like other bugs that have been around forever, can;t seem to figure this one out.

I don't mind the workaround of getting naked before logout, but loggging in dead with no body after a simple disconnect is getting stupid.

What a minute .........I get the, I am dead screen to from time to time but I am really not dead. It just gives me that screen.......when I press home base My character is right where I left it and with all his gear. I am thinking you think you are dead but not really dead. so you do something different which causes you to die. I could be wrong in my assessment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have this fixed in the patch that we're releasing tomorrow. If you're still dying like this, let me know so I can forward the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I logged in dead again. First I logged online to an unofficial which was patched. Dead, no body again. Then I did single player just to see if the patch worked. Same issue. I logged off single player and immediately logged back in and again I was dead with no body to recover, so 2 deaths with no bodies in less than one minute. 

I gave up and logged back online and guess what?

Dead again with no body to recover. I guess the fix didnt work.

 

Edited by Physt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RainGnyu said:

What a minute .........I get the, I am dead screen to from time to time but I am really not dead. It just gives me that screen.......when I press home base My character is right where I left it and with all his gear. I am thinking you think you are dead but not really dead. so you do something different which causes you to die. I could be wrong in my assessment. 

Nope all stuff is gone, no matter what. If it was just an inconvenience I could live with it.

Edited by Physt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:14 AM, Erebus said:

We should have this fixed in the patch that we're releasing tomorrow. If you're still dying like this, let me know so I can forward the info.

I am playing in Single player mode. Since the "Hotfix" to fix the logging in dead. I have logged in and out several times, and every time I am login in dead. Doesn't matter if its a few seconds, like soft log out to menu and back, or turning pc off for a few hours, the outcome is always the same "You have dead"

I have no idea what is killing me. Login out in a safe area. EG inside in an Iron Building, standing on a foundation several tiles from any walls, with no deadly mobs in the area, with full food and water and after just having a sleep. Nothing is helping.

Funny thing is, I never had any issue before this hotfix, in single player mode, ever!

My advise to you all at the moment is. To log out totally naked, putting all your gear into a chest. And to have an alter next to the chest. Rename the alter so you can find it easier on the res selection map. This way at least you can respawn next to the chest and gear up. Obviously this will not help if you get disconnected, think there are scrolls to one time bind items to you, but not tried them yet....still working on getting the vendor level up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.3.2018 at 4:14 AM, Erebus said:

We should have this fixed in the patch that we're releasing tomorrow.

It looks like the last patch fixed the problem. My character is no longer dead after login.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people are still logging in dead after this past patch, if you can personally message me the server that you're playing on and the area your base is in, I'll forward it over to the dev team so we can check into why it's still happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this