Michael R.

Taming Spreadsheet - list with (nearly) all creature, which feed they need and how much of it

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

some of you already may have heard about my spreadsheet and are using it. Community member iFreecell suggested, that I make a own thread about it, so it's easier to find for other players (thanks for the idea!). Here we go! :)

About the spreadsheet:
At first I made this spreadsheet just for myself, so I would be able to prepare myself better, if I want to tame a creature. I gathered all information about the feed, how many I needed to tame a creature and was in contact with other players on my server, to get even more data for the sheet. After I realized, that this spreadsheet might be helpful for other players too, I imported the sheet to Google Docs and shared it with the world :)

What is this spreadsheet for and how do I use it?
The spreadsheet shows a list of nearly all creatures. For each listed creature there are at least three columns on the x axis. The y axis shows the level of the creature you want to tame.

This is a small cutout of the hole spreadsheet. For example: If you want to tame a Windrider lvl 120, the spreadsheet shows you, which feed you should use (MF = mystical feed), how much you need of it (170 in this example), how much time it will approximately need to tame the Windrider (~510 minutes) and which potential level it will have after the taming process (164).

Orange numbers are confirmed values from other players or my own tames.

For some creatures, I have columns for different types of feed. So if you have tamed a creature with a feed, that is not yet in the sheet, share it with me, so I can add the information to it.

8oAjjhh.jpg

Where can I find the spreadsheet?
You can find the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O0fTD4DzirLhZWvJVTc1sW0xsH9FZyfBspLWUWQmWj4/edit#gid=965017120
You can also use this short link, to easier share it with other players: bit.ly/2A6a5T8

How can I add my own data to the spreadsheet?
At the moment you won't be able to edit the sheet yourself. If you have any data for new creatures or you experieneced, that the data in the sheet were not correct for your tame, you can easily contact me via PM in this forum, post your values in this thread or you can leave a comment in the spreadsheet itself (please mark the wrong number in the sheet, right click it and add your comment). You can also leave a comment in this steam community guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1130440363

If you want to share your numbers, it would be great, if you tell me the following data:

  • Which type of feed did you use and how much feed did you need to tame the creature?
  • How long did it take you to tame the creature?
  • What level did the creature came out after the tame?
  • How did you tranquilize the creature (optional)?
  • How much tranquilizers did you use (optional)?

Important note
Please keep in mind, that the numbers in the sheet are not always accurate to 100%. As I said above, I gather the data from my own tames and other players. This means, that I only have a few confirmed data and have to try to calculate the other values in between. I do this with my lousy knowledge of school math, so don't be to harsh, if there is a better way to calculate the numbers :)

Plans for the future
I will try to keep this spreadsheet up to date, even though I'm not playing the game at the moment (hard working person ;) ). I also plan to add more columns to show, how much arrows/clubs it takes, to tranquilize a creature.
If you have other ideas to improve/expand the spreadsheet, please leave a comment in this thread and share your ideas.

 

Hope you guys find this spreadsheet helpful too. If this is the case, I would appreciate it, if you share it with other players!
bit.ly/2A6a5T8

Edited by Michael R.
Updated change history.
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell yea! 

Love it, love it, love it!

If a dev can stickie this omg amazing, if not i'll do my best to keep it bumped to the top for people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, iFreecell said:

Hell yea! 

Love it, love it, love it!

If a dev can stickie this omg amazing, if not i'll do my best to keep it bumped to the top for people.

Thanks again, man! I appreciate it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is defiantly worth pinning! Great work, this will be an extremely useful resource to the community. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, luckypunkgr said:

This spreedsheet helped us for many many months and keep helping us. Were you playing in EU-12?

I'm glad to hear that!

At the moment I'm not playing active for myself, because I'm too busy with my job and family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work! We've been using this for awhile, dont tame w/o checkin! : )

Edited by Korec
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love the idea of the spreadsheet, but it would be even better if it provided some idea of how many hook arrows to use on the different creatures and different levels, and which ones require stone hook arrows (like elites when they transform).

the whole game is very grinding-intensive, with having to make subcomponents of main components, so having no idea of how many hook arrows to use really results in a TON of time being absolutely wasted. we just pumped in 600 iron hook arrows into an elite nidhog after it transformed and it still wasn't enough. complete waste of a TON of time. very frustrating, even for early release. would be nice to have some clue as to how many hook arrows to use to prevent wasting so much time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leeeroy Jennnkins said:

love the idea of the spreadsheet, but it would be even better if it provided some idea of how many hook arrows to use on the different creatures and different levels, and which ones require stone hook arrows (like elites when they transform).

the whole game is very grinding-intensive, with having to make subcomponents of main components, so having no idea of how many hook arrows to use really results in a TON of time being absolutely wasted. we just pumped in 600 iron hook arrows into an elite nidhog after it transformed and it still wasn't enough. complete waste of a TON of time. very frustrating, even for early release. would be nice to have some clue as to how many hook arrows to use to prevent wasting so much time.

You are absolutely right. That's why I planned this for the future. At the moment I just don't have enough information about the quantity of arrows needed. Only very few people commented on this so far. Whenever they did, I added a note to the sheet (small black triangle in some of the cells).

Soooo, if you have any infos about arrows, just leave a comment in the sheet or in this thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael R. said:

You are absolutely right. That's why I planned this for the future. At the moment I just don't have enough information about the quantity of arrows needed. Only very few people commented on this so far. Whenever they did, I added a note to the sheet (small black triangle in some of the cells).

Soooo, if you have any infos about arrows, just leave a comment in the sheet or in this thread!

I'm currently out of a computer for the week, but i have a general idea of the arrows etc, if i get time i can do some testing to get some roughly accurate numbers for you.

 id just have to confirm if constitution is a non changing stat or if it can be leveled in the wild. After that its simply going into SP and force taming or knocking out a level 1 and level 120 of each.

Stone hooks and iron hooks give the same constitution regardless of bow quality. Except maybe forcebow with iron hooks might give more. Anyhoo i can do some testing next week when i get my computer fixed and pm you the information on a few high demand tames (cant be bothered to do them all XD) as long as you're willing to input it into your spreadsheet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently playing on a Master Builder server. I want to tame a Sacred Griffin. Do I need the same amount of Mystical Food and Iron Hooks as on a regular server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sombrero said:

I am currently playing on a Master Builder server. I want to tame a Sacred Griffin. Do I need the same amount of Mystical Food and Iron Hooks as on a regular server?

Masterbuilder servers are 3x taming rates, i can't give you a 100% accurate number but you should only need half as much mythical feed or less. 

so a 120 would take 170, on x3 it'd be 85 or less.

same amount of hook arrows though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update in the spreadsheet: I added a small section in the first tab of the spreadsheet for helpful tips from other community members. So if you know something cool and helpful to tame a creature, please share it with us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EU MasterBuilder Server: Lvl. 12 Elite Griffin -> Lvl. 52 Sacred Griffin, 475 Iron Hooks with Legendary Crossbow and 34 Mystical Feed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the numbers, sombrero! I added your arrow numbers. But are you sure about the feed? Until now there was a fix (and tested) formula for all mystical creatures (lvl + 50 = needed feed) and your number is way below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.3.2018 at 9:21 AM, Michael R. said:

But are you sure about the feed? Until now there was a fix (and tested) formula for all mystical creatures (lvl + 50 = needed feed) and your number is way below.

Yes I am sure. It also matches the server's taming rates: MasterBuilder Taming x3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now