Greetings Adventurers! On Thursday, 3/8 a patch with many quality of life changes and bug fixes will be released. Be sure to check out the adjustments made to Dark and Light in our full patch notes below.
Dark and Light Loading Optimizations
- We know that many Adventurers have had longer than desired load times since Dark and Light’s Early Access launch, especially for those who are not using a SSD.
- We’ve been working on this issue, and after this update, players should see a reduction in their initial loading times.
- This is something that we’re going to be continuing to work on so that Adventurers can spend less time in loading screens, and more time in Archos.
New Item - Mobile Fortress Artillery
- By unlocking Goblin Engineering Level 4, Adventurers will now have access to two new blueprints: Artillery and Artillery Shells.
- Adventurers can place these on their own Mobile fortress, on structures in their base, and on the ground as well.
- The Artillery Cannons have a small ammo storage capacity, however they do bonus damage to large creatures and other Mobile Fortresses. They also automatically aim and fire these destructive shells.
- These cannons will do 3x normal damage to large flying creatures such as Frost Dragons, Infernus Dragons, and Gryphons.
- 7x normal damage to mythical creatures such as the Peregriff.
- And 50x normal damage to other Mobile Fortresses.
Lava Shoes Sprint Function
- The Lava Shoes that are craftable in the Scalding Abyss now have a new sprint enchantment.
- By holding down the “Y” key, you can enable this function and then move using your standard movement keys.
- The Lava Shoes require fuel, Flame Essence, which powers their new ability.
- Hitting another Adventurer or creature while using these boots causes a small collision, damaging them.
- Taking damage while sprinting will not interrupt the sprinting effect.
House Log Adjustments
- We’ve made some improvements to the localization of the House Manager.
- House logs will also provide additional details on tames that have died from hunger
- There are now additional tabs that provide information on House Members, Tames, Structures, House Management, and Diplomatic Relationships.
- Giant Storage Boxes can now be opened with a pin code by non House members.
- Added a new sound effect to the Rotisserie Staff Head.
- The icons for Small, Medium, and Large Fertilizer has been changed.
- Magic Essence can not be used to restore 2000 health on a Mobile Fortress and Chaos Essence can be used to restore 10,000 health.
- The Estle Hunting Vendor has been moved from the woods to the road.
- Increased the feeding range while taming creatures to 30 meters.
- Added additional structures in Bel’Xahl Lair to prevent him from wandering too far away.
- Scalding Abyss blueprints can now only be used once to craft an item.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurer bodies would sometimes glitch through structure ceilings on death.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurers weren’t able to collect their items after death due to them being stuck in the air.
- Fixed a bug where Goblins and Treants would have their crafting progression get stuck.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the server to crash.
- Fixed a bug where Bel’Xahl would get stuck in a hole in the Scalding Abyss.
- Fixed a bug where players were getting stuck in some parts of the snow capped mountains.
- Fixed a bug where Adventurers would appear larger when sitting on the Fancy Chair.
- Fixed a bug where non House Members were able to turn off the Soul Mire.
- Fixed a bug where Single Player Games would not save automatically.
- Fixed a bug where city vendor donations would be reset to zero after server restarts.
- Fixed a bug where some spells were causing double the damage on one cast.
- Fixed a bug where players would have their Earth Magic Knowledge stuck and unable to progress.
- Fixed a bug where the Searing Edge Ax had no sound effects.
- Fixed a bug where some trees around Archos appeared to be floating..
- Fixed a bug where the Mobile Fortress had an animation issue when returning to the docks.
- Fixed a bug where wooden doors and door frames wouldn’t match up properly.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn’t let Manor Foundations be placed on Manor Ceilings.
- Made an optimization to the Magic Tower Interface making them easier to operate.
- Made an optimization to collecting different shrubs around Archos, improving the animation.
- Made an optimization to collection materials in the Wheat Fields.
- Made an optimization to Dark and Light’s localization.
- Made optimizations to the Nidhog, Windrider, and Wyvern.
- Made optimizations to riding of Unicorns, elite Unicorns, and the Pegasus.
- Made optimizations to flight animation for the Infernus Dragon and Pegasus.
- Made optimizations to the Pegasus flight visual effects.
- Made optimizations to the Frost Dragon breath attack.
- Made optimizations to the sound effects of the Berunda.
- Made optimizations to the placement of Manor Structures such as stairs and ramps.
- Fixed a bug where the Peregriff’s stamina would recharge slower than other creatures.
- Lowered the animation frequency for Peregriffs, Windriders, and Pegasus.
- Windrider’s wildness was not dropping at all when taming. This has been adjusted.
- Fixed the Fire Elementals attack so that it can now hit close crouching Adventurers
- Fixed the ragdoll effect that Infernus Dragons could get after being defeated.