Mobile Fortresses Deployed on Archos!
- The Goblins engineers of Archos have been quietly working on a machine that would allow them to take to the skies. By mastering their art, Adventurers are now able to craft the Mobile Fortress.
- By unlocking Rank 4 of Goblin Engineering, Adventurers are able to start the production of their own Mobile Fortress.
- Adventurers will first need to make a Dock to begin their construction.
- From there, the construction of the Mobile Fortress begins and the installation of the control panel allows for control of the fortress.
- Add defensive measures, such as spell towers, and customize your Mobile Fortress to suit your needs and preferences.
- Goblin Artillery is a new defensive structure that will be added in a coming patch.
- For now, a standard ceiling has been applied to all Mobile Fortresses until it is better optimized for customization.
Blackice Peaks and Scalding Abyss Adjustments
We’ve been looking into the balance of these experiences for some time now, and hope that these changes will open this content up to more players so they are able to experience these trials.
Creature Health Adjustments
- Bytorg the Frost Bound has had his health reduced to 2/3 of its current value, and breath attack animation has been increased allowing more time for players to react.
- Bel’Xahl the Scorched has had their constitution decreased to half of its original value, and his health reduced to 2/3 of its original value.
- All creatures inside both Blackice Peaks and the Scalding Abyss have had their health reduced by half.
Item Crafting Adjustments
- Instead of dropping multiple required crafting items, both bosses will now drop a new elemental essence that will be used to create the armor and weapons offered by each cave.
- Bytorg will now drop Frost Essence and Bel’Xahl will drop Fire Essence.
- Players will be able to trade in any crafting items they currently have from Blackice Peaks or the Scalding Abyss for Fire or Frost Essence depending on the crafting material.
- Creatures in both Blackice Peaks and the Scalding Abyss can drop essence as well.
- Both bosses can now drop schemas as well as completed high quality items when defeated.
- In a future patch, vendors will be added to each cave who will sell rare items and equipment.
Starting Area Changes
- We’ve received a lot of players feedback about high-level monster near the main city. This was a major threat to new players and we want to ease new Adventurers into these experiences instead of having it be their first. We’ve adjusted the spawn rules around the three main cities so that lower-level and less-threatening creatures spawn there. This does not prevent some high-level creatures from walking around the main city threatening budding Adventurers. We’re going to continue to keep an eye on these areas so that we may address issues as they come up. As always we appreciate your feedback and support during Dark and Light’s Early Access period.
- Starting Armor has for all Adventurers has changed.
- Adventurers now are ready for their journey into the wild and start with full leather armor.
- Leather Armor now provides 15 armor instead of 25, has a durability of 30 instead of 45, weight of 2 instead of 3, and retains the same heat and cold resistances as the previous version.
- Crafting materials needed for this armor set has also been reduced to match the drop in armor and durability.
- The full armor set has now been moved from Armor Rank 2 to Armor Rank 1 in the Knowledge Tree
- Holiday snow has been removed, however the holiday creatures around Archos are going to stay a bit longer.
- Temperature around Archos has been revered back to pre holiday event.
- Presents around main cities will turn back to barrels.
- Rules to declare war have changed.
- In order to prevent players from escaping the war by changing their affiliation during the war, we make the following changes to the rules of war: When a player's House declares war or is declared war, it is not possible to leave the House.
- Rental Sign storage function removal.
- Because we’re disabling the ability to store items inside of rental signs, please remove any items that are stored inside of the rental property signs. After the next update, the rental signs will no longer have storage functions. We will be deleting some rental signs that are not used in the cities. In addition, we make the following changes to Magic Storage Boxes:
- In every village outside of the major cities there will be a Large Magical Storage Box with 50 inventory spaces that players can rent for 1400 gold coins. Players in a house of 10 or less are eligible to rent one of these boxes, and the rental will last for 7 days.
- Addition tames can now be painted using the painting feature.
- Fire Dragon
- A new more decorative storage box has been added to Survival Rank 9.
- Reduced the size of the feeding trough icon over tames indicating they are in range.
- Adjusted terrain and removed excess stone on Dragon Island.
- Terrain collision has been increased around volcano, snow capped mountains, and floating islands.
- Adjusted pillars around Talos so that structures are no longer floating.
- Fixed invisible wall that was blocking entrance to Scalding Abyss.
- Fixed a bug where there was a space between above the door and door frame for the Elven Manor.
- Fixed a bug where placed Devil Bringer would not have a name when looked at.
- Fixed a bug where Horses and Deathstalkers were getting stuck on hillsides.
- Fixed a bug where unlocked Shapeshift schemas weren’t castable.
- Fixed a bug where Elven Manor Pillars could not be set near Elven Manor Walls.
- Fixed a bug where Polymorph wasn’t castable.
- Fixed a bug where some towers in the main cities would not load properly.