• Announcements

    • Horsejoke

      Dark and LIght 12/07 Update - Patch Notes   12/07/2017

      Greetings Adventurers! On Thursday, 12/7 at 1:00AM~ PST, we’re going to be rolling out a small patch with a few quality of life changes and a number of bug fixes. Be sure to finish up your tames and log out before the update hits to reduce the risk of data loss! Patch Notes   General Updates Searing Edge - Attack AOEs increased slightly to improve accuracy. Volcanic Hot Springs - Adjusted the location of seating and Hot Spring Eggs. Uncommon / Rare Wood, Stone, and Grass - Icons updated. Wyverns - Improved animations. Turkeys - Now have additional SFX. Guardian Tree - Decay timer increased to 30 days. Bug Fixes Fixed a bug where guards would not attack hostile creatures or players in cities. Fixed a bug where the character model would be bugged after eating / dismounting from a creature. Fixed a bug where characters could get stuck on eggs in the Volcanic Hot Springs. Fixed a bug where Unicorns would cause character Food to deplete more quickly than intended. Fixed bugged terrain on the Floating Islands. Fixed a bug where characters would revive with extremely low Stamina, Hunger, Thirst, Health, Mana, and Focus. Fixed a bug where Hunger was depleting much more quickly than intended. Fixed a bug where doors wouldn’t load in when a character first loaded into a server. Fixed a bug where Bytorg and Bel’Xahl weren’t spawning in their respective lairs, or were spawning with unexpectedly large health pools. Fixed a bug where Horses weren’t spawning in the correct locations in Estel, Ironfast, and Talos. Fixed a bug where Grut Stag Wildness would deplete rapidly while taming it. Known Issues We’re aware of a few outstanding bugs that will be resolved in another patch in the near future, these are the most major issues that we’re working on at the moment: There is a bug where some houses near the stables in Talos have incorrect collision settings. Entering one of these houses can result in your character getting stuck. Collision will be corrected for all of the houses in this area. The Volcanic Hotsprings will occasionally fail to provide its healing buff to players. All players / creatures in the springs should receive a buff that refills Health and Focus over time. There is a bug where Pegasi have a tendency to spawn at level 1 only - once this bug is resolved, all Pegasi will spawn at higher levels.
    • Erebus

      Dark and Light Holiday Update - Patch Notes   12/14/2017

      Season's greetings Adventurers! Archos is gearing up for a cold winter, and all of the exciting (and occasionally dangerous) festivities that go along with it! We’re checking our list twice to make sure everything is working as it should before unleashing winter’s wrath on Archos, but we plan on having this patch live at 1:00AM PST on Thursday, December 14th, so make sure to finish up your tames and log out ahead of time to avoid data loss!
        Patch Notes   Seasonal Content Winter is here! Cool off from your excursions in The Scalding Abyss - make a snow wraith, take a dip in a freezing lake, or gather presents around town! Talos, Estel, and Ironfast Winter Decorations: Each of Archos’s major cities has been redecorated for the winter holidays. Enjoy the festive atmosphere and gather presents around town for some special limited-time items! Reindeer Games: Reindeer have been spotted around Archos! These red-nosed creatures only show up when the weather is at its coldest, and they have the mysterious ability to fly, despite not having any wings! They seem to really enjoy eating carrots, and not much else, so be sure to stock up if you plan on taming one! Holiday Humbug - Krampus: A vile demon known as Krampus has made its way to Archos, just in time for the holidays. He’ll show up on the outskirts of Talos, Estel, and Ironfast, attacking unsuspecting adventurers on sight. Form a party to take on Krampus and his vicious snowman guards, and you may be able to earn some exclusive new items!
      Take the Holidays Home: New holiday schemas have been added in the Decor Knowledge node. Just like during Gobboween, any holiday items you craft will remain permanently, even after the event ends. General Updates Fresh Coat of Paint: Get your smocks and brushes ready, because Dyes are coming to Archos! Added Paint Wand and several Dye Schemas to the Decor Knowledge node. Certain Dyes are only available as drops from creatures around the world, as well as from farmer vendors around Talos, Estel, and Ironfast. Keep an eye out for rare dyes! New Crop Type - Carrots: Carrot Seeds can now be planted in Crop Plots to grow Carrots, which can be consumed or used to craft new holiday-themed Decor Knowledge Schemas. City Rearrangement - Slums: As part of our efforts to continue optimizing Archos’s cities, we’re moving the slum areas in each city to the outskirts. Relocation areas are designated by a glowing indicator circle, so if you have any structures within an indicator circle, make sure to relocate before the next patch, or they’ll be automatically destroyed when the area changes. Sorry for the inconvenience for any players set up in these areas - this is going to be our last city rearrangement for now while we plan new structures and merchant types, so feel free to set up shop anywhere around the city after the patch goes live. Additional Minor Updates: Shields: Can now be held up with RMB while moving. Warmth Energy: Bottles can now be filled with a unique consumable, Warmth Energy, from the Volcanic Hot Spring. Centaur Camp: Made slight adjustments to the arrangement of the Centaur Camp to prevent the Centaur Chieftain and players from getting stuck. Resurrection UI: Resurrection Altars are now more clearly visible when resurrecting. Water Elementals: Gained the ability to swim. Talos and Estel Cleanup: Removed some errant structures that were left from the relocated stables. Molten Tiger: Now has a lower chance of spawning near the Volcanic Hot Springs. Meteors: Now have a lower chance of landing near the Volcanic Hot Springs. Wind Elemental: Now considered as a flying creature for Knowledge experience gains. Divine Blessing: Added SFX when firing the spell. Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug where characters would be forced underground after death by certain creatures. Fixed a bug where it was occasionally impossible to tame a Unicorn. Fixed a bug where it occasionally wouldn’t turn dark at night. Fixed some bugged terrain near The Sacred Grove (giant tree in the center of the map). Fixed a bug where players wouldn’t suffer a respawn timer penalty when killed by city guards. Fixed a bug where Small Spell Towers would still cause collision after being picked up. Fixed a bug where Pegasi and Unicorns could have infinite HP. Fixed a bug where a Medical Flag would still heal allies even after being destroyed. Fixed a bug where Turkeys wouldn’t play proper SFX for certain interactions. Fixed a bug where Bramblehoppers’ ears would stretch out (more than normal). Fixed a bug where Orthrus’s body would become distorted after being killed. Fixed a bug where Stone Foundation material was replaced by the material for Wood Foundations. Fixed a bug where the Infernus Dragon’s glowing material was replaced by an incorrect material. Fixed a bug where some characters were unable to unlock higher levels of Light Magic Knowledge. Fixed a bug where an Elite Dark Wraith’s body would become distorted randomly. Fixed a bug where Goblins in the Wheat Field were dealing more damage than intended with their health drain debuff. Fixed a bug where an Elk’s body would become distorted after being killed. Fixed a bug where some areas in The Scalding Abyss were the incorrect temperature. Fixed a bug where it would occasionally rain inside of The Scalding Abyss. Fixed a bug where some Soul Nodes were floating above the terrain. Future Update Preview:
      Finally, we have a little teaser for our next major update - Goblin Technology has been advancing at an alarming rate around Archos, and they’re just about ready to unveil their latest invention - Airships!



      We planned on having airships ready for this update, but it takes a while to get something so heavy up in the air. We’re going to be ramping up production in our Goblin factories all throughout the holidays to get these out by our next major patch, so start gathering materials and planning out your base’s ground to air defenses now!
Erebus

Dark and Light 11/28 Preview- Master Builder Servers

59 posts in this topic

Greetings Adventurers! Today, we’d like to announce a new official server type for Archos’s most talented architects, Master Builder servers!

These servers are designed to promote building the greatest structures possible - to facilitate that, there are a few key features of Master Builder servers that will make collecting and constructing a little easier.

We plan on opening these servers in the US, EU, and AS regions at the following times:
US - 11/30 - 5:00 AM PST
EU - 11/30 - 1:00 PM UTC
AS - 11/30 - 4:00: PM GMT+8
 

Master Builder Server Features:

  • No Decay! - No matter how long your structure sits on a Master Builder server, it will never decay.
  • No Wipes - Unlike Chaos servers, Master Builder servers will have no scheduled wipes.
  • Faster Gathering, Faster Tames - Gathering and taming rates are 3x that of Official servers.
  • Faster Leveling - Experience rates are 5x that of Official servers.
  • Increased Building Protection Radius - We want everyone to have plenty of land to expand in once they lay down a foundation - construction is forbidden in a larger area around existing structures compared to Official servers.
  • Test New Construction Items! - Master Builder servers will generally have access to new construction items before other servers. We trust the word of Archos’s greatest architects, so we’ll be looking to Master Builder players for feedback on these items before they’re released to everyone.
  • Steam Workshop Integration - This is still a work in progress, but once we have full Steam Workshop support, we’ll be looking to regularly add new structure pieces and decorations to Master Builder servers.


We’re going to be keeping a close eye on these servers to prevent the use of structure-related exploits and harassment, and regularly removing structures that negatively affect the health of these servers. Master Builder servers are designed to promote the beauty of architecture!
 

Building Competitions and Rewards:


We’re going to give players a chance to get settled on Master Builder servers, to build up their reserves of construction materials and stake a claim on the best plot of land they can find. At the start of January, about 30~ days after the servers open, we’re going to start holding building competitions for Adventurers to really show off their architectural skills. Top architects will receive exclusive rewards, and even the opportunity to leave their mark on Dark and Light forever.

More details on these competitions will be released at a later date - stay tuned!
 

Server-Specific Rules:


In order to preserve the health and integrity of Master Builder servers, we’re going to impose a server-specific ruleset that we ask all players to abide by:

  • Excessive Land Claiming is Prohibited - Pillaring or otherwise claiming an excessive amount of land without any intention of building in the area will not be tolerated. In the event a player is discovered to be claiming large areas of land to prevent others from building there, all of their structures will be demolished immediately.
  • Offensive structures (structures designed in a certain way to offend other players, whether it’s based on nationality, religion, or otherwise) will be demolished immediately.


We’re looking forward to seeing the incredible creations Archos’s architects will come up with on these servers. Keep an eye out for more updates on server-exclusive structures, competitions, rewards, and more!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great news! I was asking that some officials have higher rates, and this fits in with that.

My only question at this time, is whether these will be PvE or PvP?

Update: Seems like PvE would make the most sense in this case, but not sure what Snail is thinking exactly.

Edited by wildbill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wildbill said:

This is great news! I was asking that some officials have higher rates, and this fits in with that.

My only question at this time, is whether these will be PvE or PvP?

 

2 hours ago, Fouflet said:

Very good question Wildbill, pve or pvp ?

Sorry this wasn't made clear in the notes! We've confirmed that all Master Builder servers will be PvE.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I like the idea of these servers my concern is how this will effect the current PvE servers.  There doesn't seem to be any clear reason why anyone would play on a PvE server over one of these, which will further dwindle their population.  Has there been any consideration to adding some perks to the original PvE servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great news for builders :) , hope we get tons of new structures and decorations on the regular servers later too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Horsejoke said:

 

Sorry this wasn't made clear in the notes! We've confirmed that all Master Builder servers will be PvE.

Thanks you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, agdev01 said:

While I like the idea of these servers my concern is how this will effect the current PvE servers.  There doesn't seem to be any clear reason why anyone would play on a PvE server over one of these, which will further dwindle their population.  Has there been any consideration to adding some perks to the original PvE servers?

The official PVE servers will be dead after that, the same happen in Conan Exiles when it brought fast servers. Its a smart way to wipe servers as many where asking.

BUT it is what we have been asking for so long, I will be moving also in the near future. I like to mention three important things :

1. There must be a way to  inform about pillars spamming etc we must be prepared now without the decay. Also at the start you cant move far to pick a place to build, you build something simple outside the city to level up, tame a flyer to go far. So when the player moves to his final location, the first temporary base should be decayed. In this way new players can also do the same and level up before they go far from the city to find their final places to build their bases. 

2. I suspect you have fixed the taming trough to despawn after 1-2 days and to be able to place it anywhere, because we will not be able to tame anywhere and anything. The Increased Building Protection Radius, will also reduces the areas where animals are spawing, or it has nothing to do with animals' spawing?

3. We are not all so good builders, but we like this server's fast rates and the no decay rule. So I suppose we can set up our bases, tame our animals and do farming, invasions etc exactly what we did in the normal PVE servers till now. Increased rates means more grass for vertilizers, more uncommon meat, more uncommon mushrooms etc we will be able to try and the other recipes. Farming will at last worth it. Its not only the builidings, the whole game changes to better.

Thanks

Edited by luckypunkgr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This new master builder server mode will be the nail in the coffin for official PvE. Its hard enough to get new players to stick around on official PvE servers as is. It seems you are baiting people to play on these new boosted servers? Why thin out the PvE server population, makes no sense. If you think you are going to get a bunch of ''new'' players, you won't. That would have happen already. Either you love DnL or you don't. Almost every single person that loves survival games has already purchased the game, too bad they are all playing ARK. The only reason I can think of as to why you guys are doing this, is to make it easier to shutdown the low population official PvE servers, but if that's not the reason please tell me what is?

Also, why in the fuck does this new server get no decay, while the players that have been playing for 5 months now and have thousands of hours get the shaft on official PvE. We had to beg you for a decent decay system for months, and its still has communism written all over it. Do you expect us dedicated PvE players on your OFFICAL servers to just quit, and start over on these new master builder servers? So we can get new content with no decay timers, and everything else we have been asking for? That's not gonna happen in this life or the next, There's many people that are on official PvE that will just straight up quit the game before starting over. Too much time and tears have went into the last 5 months on some of these official PvE servers.

Whats the reason for rewarding people to play on these new servers? Why don't your dedicated players that have been playing since day one get content at the same time as these new master builder servers? There's so many  things to improve on in the game, like maybe adding more tames, Or fixing some of the more retarded bugs that have been around for months. Not sure why you guys are wasting time on these new server modes. Is SoTF popular in ARK? Nope, sure isn't.

And you are rewarding these players for the best builds? You should have been doing this since day one on your official servers, It may have gave your players a bit of incentive to keep going, instead of having low morale from losing bases to bugs/glitches and tames that took days or even weeks to prepare for just vanishing.

What is the reason for starting now? Keep kicking your official server player base in the balls, and you will have no players left...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, Kane said:

Also, why in the fuck does this new server get no decay, while the players that have been playing for 5 months now and have thousands of hours get the shaft on official PvE. We had to beg you for a decent decay system for months, and its still has communism written all over it. Do you expect us dedicated PvE players on your OFFICAL servers to just quit, and start over on these new master builder servers? So we can get new content with no decay timers, and everything else we have been asking for? That's not gonna happen in this life or the next. 

You are absolutely right to everything but its going to happen, unfortunately its going to happen. Its a smart way to wipe and balance the game after the change in mythicals.

I will speak for myself, as a solo player in an official PVE server since the late of July. I cannot go further. I dont have the time to consume to go in manor structures or to farm or to make mythical feed by myself in a reasonable time. For a solo casual adult player (2-3 hours per day) its the end when he cant go further with the default rates. I was seriously thinking going to single player. One after the other well established players in my server are quitting, they return to ARK you are right. So I will be left alone in some days, single player was a solution.

These servers are exactly what I needed even if I have to start from the scratch. I like communication with other players, dont like to play alone.

But I wont jump in immediately when they start.  I want to see some things and have some answers of course to my questions. Also to see the population of the new servers, if you need to go to the other side of the map to gather resources, the increased rates are useless. I remember the map in the beginning of August with many players playing, it was like Mars colony. You coudnt find a single tree to cut or a stone to break near the cities, where you hang in the first levels. So we have to see first.

Edited by luckypunkgr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, luckypunkgr said:

 

You are absolutely right to everything but its going to happen, unfortunately its going to happen. Its a smart way to wipe and balance the game after the change in mythicals.

I will speak for myself, as a solo player in an official PVE server since the late of July. I cannot go further. I dont have the time to consume to go in manor structures or to farm or to make mythical feed by myself in a reasonable time. For a solo casual adult player (2-3 hours per day) its the end when he cant go further with the default rates. I was seriously thinking going to single player. One after the other well established players in my server are quitting, they return to ARK you are right. So I will be left alone in some days, single player was a solution.

These servers are exactly what I needed even if I have to start from the scratch. I like communication with other players, dont like to play alone. I wont jump in immediately when they start,  I want to see some things and have some answers of course to my questions.

For me, its the hunt for min maxed 112+ tames. I will never grind them out again, takes way to long to farm for the spawns even. Also, the grind to max all knowledge nodes is something I wouldn't do again, most of it is mind numbing.

I think official PvE servers and official PvP servers, deserve no decay timer just as the master builder servers will have. We should also get content at the same time. I don't see why we shouldn't.

Edited by Kane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The XP will be x5 so the times will be singificant less than before to level up the knowledge. As for the tames, yes some of them are rare, but it will be easier to tame them with delicate carnivore since it will be easier to make and faster to tame (x3 plus the delicate). Things are way too better, I only worry seriously about this Increased Building Protection Radius.

I suspect this thing will cause the most problems, in taming, resources, finding a place to build in the first levels etc. I dont know if they have done something different in the game code. Anyway we have to see and read the first reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luckypunkgr said:

The XP will be x5 so the times will be singificant less than before to level up the knowledge. As for the tames, yes some of them are rare, but it will be easier to tame them with delicate carnivore since it will be easier to make and faster to tame (x3 plus the delicate). Things are way too better, I only worry seriously about this Increased Building Protection Radius.

I suspect this thing will cause the most problems, in taming, resources, finding a place to build in the first levels etc. I dont know if they have done something different in the game code. Anyway we have to see and read the first reviews.

The server should have been named Unofficial - Wyrmslayer 1

I take pride in hard work and dedication in real life and in my games, this server is laughable, and there's many just like it, just have to search unofficial in the drop down menu.

I' am not interested in something like this, so I wont be reading any reviews :)

EDIT: I would like to say that i wouldn't be angry if they did raise the gathering and exp on official servers to 1.5 or 2x  If its gonna help keep OFFICIAL players on OFFICIAL servers and help the game grow then by all means, make it happen. But these master builder servers are not the way. I guess its 2017 we should just be happy this game isn't pay to win. Also id like to mention that these cool bases that people will be building won't be that impressive knowing that they built them all with boosted rates. Sure they may end up being massive and look good, but without the time behind it, its just another unofficial build.

Edited by Kane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are missing the point , Master Builder severs are for people who just want to build awesome stuff (they don't need official rates to make everything a grind). they will be impressive because of their design, creativity and scale, not because they took weeks of gathering materials  like they would on official rates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BionicFox said:

You are missing the point , Master Builder severs are for people who just want to build awesome stuff (they don't need official rates to make everything a grind). they will be impressive because of their design, creativity and scale, not because they took weeks of gathering materials  like they would on official rates. 

You are missing my point as to why this is a bad idea. Also you call it a grind huh? I call it progression. Do you think ARK would have done as well as it did if everything was handed to you on a silver platter? Rewarding players to play on these servers is an absolute joke, and goes against everything DnL stands for as a game imo.

But this isn't our game, it never was. I stopped giving feedback because it seems like a waste of time at this point. I hope you enjoy building your huge castles with little effort :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya, some people do enjoying large castles with less effort :) I don't think that these servers are going to work smoothly with just the initial set of rules.

 

I see a couple of problems:

1) Noobs and all kinds of people will come just to get a look at the castles that have been built. In the process they will make thatch huts. These will not decay and they will end up littering the landscape.

2) Noobs will block resource nodes. Also possibly griefers will build on the resource nodes.

 

Some changes needed:

1) Allow pillaring resource nodes near or far from peoples bases to protect against building there and eventually having no resources anywhere to harvest.

2) Keep the destruct time on straw and wood buildings. Just have stone and manor no destruct timer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Ya, some people do enjoying large castles with less effort :)

The remaining hardcore players will all go back to ARK for abberation, the chances that they gain a larger player base is slim if they destroy the official PvE servers.

 Also, You will have dev's flying around blowing up structures, wasting resources and time they can be spending developing the game. They said any form of griefing will be dealt with. Why wasn't it dealt with on official servers from day 1? I hope this new server mode fails, it really deserves to.

Anyways i'm done, this will most likely be my last post i make on these forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im still struggling to see any downside to these servers versus the official pve servers.  With the Chaos versus PvP you at least have the regular wipes that helps players choose between the two.  Here all of the changes could be seen as benefits over the PvE servers with no or minimal drawbacks.  Players would be foolish, it seems, to play on one of the old servers.  Is there supposed to be a choice or are y'all trying to direct everyone who plays on PvE servers to one of these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, agdev01 said:

Im still struggling to see any downside to these servers versus the official pve servers.  With the Chaos versus PvP you at least have the regular wipes that helps players choose between the two.  Here all of the changes could be seen as benefits over the PvE servers with no or minimal drawbacks.  Players would be foolish, it seems, to play on one of the old servers.  Is there supposed to be a choice or are y'all trying to direct everyone who plays on PvE servers to one of these?

I agree. If the old PvE servers lose all players (I think they mostly have already), it just means that no one wants to play at those low rates. I did play on an official PvE server for a few weeks. I attempted to grow some crops. The grind for that was so bad, that is what convinced me to quit playing there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is no one addressing building issues?  I'm hoping that these servers will light a fire under the programmers to fix problems:

  1. Gates not snapping, even with foundations in place
  2. Misaligned walls when snapping to a line of foundations and ceilings
  3. Ceilings will attach to foundations, but foundations will not snap to ceilings 
  4. Doors must be removed to be replaced (wood to stone upgrade and stone to iron upgrade)
  5. Wall torches can no longer be refilled when the wall is upgraded from wood to stone or stone to iron

In addition, I would like to see:

  1. the ability to create shelving on which I can place compost bins or mortar and pestles ( I currently use a ceiling tile one wall high), much too deep
  2. smaller (1 or 2 wall height) gates for the straw buildings (since I usually have a horse, sheep, and boar at that level)

Now, having said all that, there are some amazing structures on the PvE servers, but they sprawl over large amounts of land and there is only space for about a few near the starter cities.  Perhaps the areas just outside of a city should have decay timers, encouraging players to only use the area to level up and then move on to build their palaces. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kane said:

Also you call it a grind huh? I call it progression. 

I don't mind grinding to level up (progress) which is one of the reason why I play on official PvP. But when you don't care about about leveling up and just want to build stuff it makes total sense to have boosted rates, again that is the point , to build more and grind less. Also I don't see whats wrong with rewarding players for usuing their creativity to build,  just like those on Chaos servers get rewarded, if anything its an incentive to play. Also I don't think Chaos or Master  Builder servers were created to somehow eliminate PvP and PvP official servers, the way I understand it, they are to be specialized servers that will help the developers further improve the official PvE and PvP experience.

 

Edited by BionicFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BionicFox said:

I don't mind grinding to level up (progress) which is one of the reason why I play on official PvP. But when you don't care about about leveling up and just want to build stuff it makes total sense to have boosted rates, again that is the point , to build more and grind less.

If the goal of the server is to build shouldn't the challenge be in the actual building process?  the boosted rates just makes it easier to get to the end result and minimizing the journey along the way.  

 

42 minutes ago, BionicFox said:

Also I don't see whats wrong with rewarding players for usuing their creativity to build,  just like those on Chaos servers get rewarded, if anything its an incentive to play. Also I don't think Chaos or Master  Builder servers were created to somehow eliminate PvP and PvP official servers, the way I understand it, they are to be specialized servers that will help the developers further improve the official PvE and PvP experience.

 

I have zero issue with offering special things based on how creative people are with their builds, in fact i think its a pretty neat idea to have servers cater to various niches.  My fear is that these servers will essentially render another type moot. 

If i wanted to play PvP, I have two choices Chaos or Official PvP.  If i choose Chaos I get some special competitions and other PvP focused benefits but at the cost of regular wipes to the server and a more hardcore PvP focus.  If im a PvP player who also wants to have a longer term progression or more of a PvE mix, I can pick the Official PvP server. while i don't get the special rewards i do have an expectation that the server won't be wiped.  To me that is a pretty fair trade off and creates a seasonal versus longterm system with different severity of PvP due to to the differences in the servers.  I think this type of choice is great.

Now lets look at the same comparison with Masterbuilder versus normal PvE.  Masterbuilder is actively monitored, has higher tame/gather rates, no wipes or decay (great for those with irregular schedules), new items and potential mods.  The Official PvE server has none of that, and no indication that it ever will.  As far as i can see there aren't any drawbacks to a regular PvE server.  Its official PvE++.  There can't be specialization if there are no tradeoffs, your specialized just becomes the new generic.  While the goal may be promote building the effects of the boosts allows for all other PvE aspects to be better.  In short the normal PvE servers will be left out in the cold and any sane PvE player will just play on these servers, whether you care about building or not.  Thus the PvE servers will just be replaced with these for most people and the end result will be those players who care about building will be sharing spaces (and prime build locations) with those that don't.

Im sure I'll create a character tomorrow morning on the US server, stake my claim to my favorite spot and play on that server for a while.  I'll probably never go past wood on the structure as i only build what is necessary all because the aspects of the game i do care about will all clearly be better that what i am currently playing on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't mean to be rude but maybe before rolling out an entirely new server type wouldn't it be in your best interest to fix all the building pieces in the game now?  Doors, stairs and beast gates are broken on Manor.  Railings don't snap correctly to all pieces either. I think stone is still missing patterns for railings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sulevia said:

Why is no one addressing building issues?  I'm hoping that these servers will light a fire under the programmers to fix problems:

  1. Gates not snapping, even with foundations in place
  2. Misaligned walls when snapping to a line of foundations and ceilings
  3. Ceilings will attach to foundations, but foundations will not snap to ceilings 
  4. Doors must be removed to be replaced (wood to stone upgrade and stone to iron upgrade)
  5. Wall torches can no longer be refilled when the wall is upgraded from wood to stone or stone to iron

In addition, I would like to see:

  1. the ability to create shelving on which I can place compost bins or mortar and pestles ( I currently use a ceiling tile one wall high), much too deep
  2. smaller (1 or 2 wall height) gates for the straw buildings (since I usually have a horse, sheep, and boar at that level)

Now, having said all that, there are some amazing structures on the PvE servers, but they sprawl over large amounts of land and there is only space for about a few near the starter cities.  Perhaps the areas just outside of a city should have decay timers, encouraging players to only use the area to level up and then move on to build their palaces. 

 

 

THIS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, agdev01 said:

If the goal of the server is to build shouldn't the challenge be in the actual building process?  the boosted rates just makes it easier to get to the end result and minimizing the journey along the way

I think that the challenge on those servers  will be to build the greatest/coolest/better looking structure around , not the resource gathering part of it, like imagine if you had to actually make your paper and markers and the table and chair you will sit on to draw something,  how much time would you waste making all that stuff and how little time will you have left to draw and be creative? whats more efficieng for what you are ultimately trying to do? Boosted rates make sense on a server of that type in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now